2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

I expect them to sign a S, DL, and OL before the draft. Still leaves massive holes at OT and CB. I still want a WR too. I think you should draft a WR and CB every single year and hope you hit.

Probably get a ILB, DT, Edge in the middle rounds. And fill whatever else in FA after the draft. I am so done with relying on undrafted people to make an impact. That Vrabel way needs to die

I really don't want to sign Becton.  Seems like a disaster waiting to happen.  Now, he comes at backup money, then sure, why not?  But I don't think he wants backup money, and as that tweet helpfully points out, he's played one game in two seasons.

Becton would be a shoot for the moon signing, while Andrus Peat is more predictable solid signing. It makes me think of how Chris Hubbard was signed and performed reasonably well.  True Bridge player. 

I wouldn't mind Becton. 

I also think people want to sign someone just to sign someone at times. Wanting another team's NPF, Radunz.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I really don't want to sign Becton.  Seems like a disaster waiting to happen.  Now, he comes at backup money, then sure, why not?  But I don't think he wants backup money, and as that tweet helpfully points out, he's played one game in two seasons.

the article is a year old. he played all of 2023

17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the article is a year old. he played all of 2023

OK, well that's a bit more reassuring.

I think I saw we have an estimated $50 million left this year, before the signing of Day, so in that case, why not?

There are still some good defensive players out there, especially for one year type deals.  Lots of older guys like Gilmore, Clowney, Campbell.  Witherspoon would be worth a one year deal too.

I wouldn't hate the idea of Adoree Jackson or Teair Tart coming back either.  If we really do still have that much money, that is.

34 minutes ago, Daniel said:

OK, well that's a bit more reassuring.

I think I saw we have an estimated $50 million left this year, before the signing of Day, so in that case, why not?

There are still some good defensive players out there, especially for one year type deals.  Lots of older guys like Gilmore, Clowney, Campbell.  Witherspoon would be worth a one year deal too.

I wouldn't hate the idea of Adoree Jackson or Teair Tart coming back either.  If we really do still have that much money, that is.

yeah, becton is a pretty easy flier guy for me. don’t bring him in to start, but bring him in to compete and see what happens. best case scenario you have a starting-quality tackle, but even if you don’t, why not throw another guy into the NPF/radunz mix at RT and figure out who your best bet is?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, becton is a pretty easy flier guy for me. don’t bring him in to start, but bring him in to compete and see what happens. best case scenario you have a starting-quality tackle, but even if you don’t, why not throw another guy into the NPF/radunz mix at RT and figure out who your best bet is?

Agreed.

Bring in 3 guys and if they beat out Brunskill, Radunz and NPF it's all for the better. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Agreed.

Bring in 3 guys and if they beat out Brunskill, Radunz and NPF it's all for the better. 

That's all I want. New options. I think Radunz could be a solid RG as long as he can stop those false starts. Sign another tackle and draft Alt and let Callahan do his thing

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Becton would be a shoot for the moon signing, while Andrus Peat is more predictable solid signing. It makes me think of how Chris Hubbard was signed and performed reasonably well.  True Bridge player. 

I wouldn't mind Becton. 

I also think people want to sign someone just to sign someone at times. Wanting another team's NPF, Radunz.

Actually want both of em, but Becton is insisting on being a LT. peat is solid