2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

43 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

With like 45m in cap room left I feel like we almost have to get him. We have to spend a certain percentage each year and I don't think we could even get there with what's left in FA

That percentage is averaged over like 3 or 5 years though, so if we're below this year but spend a bunch next year, it can even out.

1 hour ago, Justin615$ said:

With like 45m in cap room left I feel like we almost have to get him. We have to spend a certain percentage each year and I don't think we could even get there with what's left in FA

That seems like the kind of place to overpay imo. A young, top end player. Sign him on a long contract, give him a ton of guaranteed money this year, and have his cap hit in 26 and 27 be less.

• Like 3

Im not gonna be mad to see Sneed in two tone blue

The knee scares the ish out of me. Feels like KC "knows" it's a real problem and is waiting for his contract to become someone else's problem, especially with the way they've been shrewd in building their D the last few years

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

The knee scares the ish out of me. Feels like KC "knows" it's a real problem and is waiting for his contract to become someone else's problem, especially with the way they've been shrewd in building their D the last few years

Has any info came out about what’s wrong with his knee? Over heard it’s serious but he played through it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

It could also be just as simple as they barely have cap space as it is, they just paid Chris Jones a **** ton of money, and the next couple of years those cap hits of Jones' and Mahomes' will normally increase, significantly. Plus they already have a cheap, young, truly solid CB on roster in McDuffie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

It could also be just as simple as they barely have cap space as it is, they just paid Chris Jones a **** ton of money, and the next couple of years those cap hits of Jones' and Mahomes' will normally increase, significantly. Plus they already have a cheap, young, truly solid CB on roster in McDuffie.

That's what I thought it was about.  Just not wanting to pay Sneed as well, and trying to get some trade value from him over letting him walk.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Has any info came out about what’s wrong with his knee? Over heard it’s serious but he played through it

Yeah I keep hearing about the knee but really haven't seen that reported anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That's what I thought it was about.  Just not wanting to pay Sneed as well, and trying to get some trade value from him over letting him walk.

Same.

You have a great corner on the other side of Sneed, still on a rookie deal. Paying Jones a buttload. Paying Kelce. Paying Mahomes.  Those 3 alone I'm guessing take up almost half the cap?  Then they paid the RT that gets allt he penalties. Paid one of those LB's 

It's just a smarter business move to move on from Sneed now, get a pick for him, draft his replacement.  If they let him walk next year, I think their comp pick may be around the 4th or 5th range. So why not get an 3rd in 2025 now?

I'd assume they'd trust their ability to find another CB since they've done it so well recently. Got a good DC. 

Can't pay everyone..

28 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

TD must be very close to Fulton or his people. He said a long time ago that Fulton was gonna sign in LA and that a return to the Titans was 0% (Not that we wanted him.)

TD is closer to Fulton than every WR in the NFL

Edited by deeluxx3
  • Like 3