Week 16: San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens

J-ALL-DAY

Alright, I know we just played a game yesterday and aren't playing until next Monday night, but this thread needed to be made with the game of the year coming up. This game is going to be awesome and it features two top level offenses and defenses. Seriously, to have THIS type of game this late in the season is pretty special. It could very easily be a SB preview. I'll give a breakdown later in the week but per DVOA, this is how both teams stack up:

49ers

Offense - 1st

Defense - 4th

STs - 24th

Overall - 1st

Ravens

Offense - 4th

Defense - 2nd

STs- 8th

Overall - 2nd

Early prediction, I think it will be a well played, well fought game by both teams from start to finish. It will be a fairly clean game and it will be a close game entering the 4th quarter. I have Purdy having a game winning or game clinching drive to get the job done.

49ers 27

Ravens 24

So, I don't know how much this means, but I found it interesting:

Of the five best teams in the AFC (Ravens, Dolphins, Chiefs, Bills, and Jags), they have all played against all or most of the other 4 teams except for the Ravens. They only played the Jags. The Ravens best wins were week 7 at home against the Lions and last night against the Jags.

This game will be a monumental test for the Ravens because the majority of the year, they've beaten up weak teams and haven't played any of the big dogs. 

I think the 49ers win this one and Brock locks up the MVP award.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Alright, I know we just played a game yesterday and aren't playing until next Monday night, but this thread needed to be made with the game of the year coming up. This game is going to be awesome and it features two top level offenses and defenses. Seriously, to have THIS type of game this late in the season is pretty special. It could very easily be a SB preview. I'll give a breakdown later in the week but per DVOA, this is how both teams stack up:

49ers

Offense - 1st

Defense - 4th

STs - 24th

Overall - 1st

Ravens

Offense - 4th

Defense - 2nd

STs- 8th

Overall - 2nd

Early prediction, I think it will be a well played, well fought game by both teams from start to finish. It will be a fairly clean game and it will be a close game entering the 4th quarter. I have Purdy having a game winning or game clinching drive to get the job done.

49ers 27

Ravens 24

This is the most difficult test on the season as more so than the Eagles & Cowboys games. I had this game as a loss when the schedule came out and I won't change that now. But I also had the Eagles game as a loss prior to the season but as that game got closer I got more confident. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not good. Without Armstead, we have little to not shot at stopping their run game. 

Have to take advantage of those situations where we get them in 2nd and 9. Can't give up 3rd and 5 type stuff. 

Curious to see if wilks blitzes more. I think that Lamar has historically been not good against the blitz. 

57 minutes ago, Forge said:

We need to be able to light up the scoreboard. I think we are going to have to

Don't see that happening against that defense.

This game would have been difficult if we were completely healthy.

Dealing with the amount of injuries we are currently on defense tilts this too much in the Ravens favor.

Our defense has been leaky af too much this year for me to to trust they'll step up to this challenge, missing key guys at almost every level.

Our interior line hasn't looked stout/strong against the run and I just have visions of Gus Edwards & Co. gashing us repeatedly between the tackles.

I feel like we're going to get physically overwhelmed on both lines.

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Don't see that happening against that defense.

This game would have been difficult if we were completely healthy.

Dealing with the amount of injuries we are currently on defense tilts this too much in the Ravens favor.

Our defense has been leaky af too much this year for me to to trust they'll step up to this challenge, missing key guys at almost every level.

Our interior line hasn't looked stout/strong against the run and I just have visions of Gus Edwards & Co. gashing us repeatedly between the tackles.

I feel like we're going to get physically overwhelmed on both lines.

The Browns hung up 33 on them. The Rams 31. 

Honestly, the Jags weren't awful yesterday. They missed two field goals, fumbled deep in Baltimore territory, had the half end on them at the 5 yard line. 

There's no reason we shouldn't be able to move the ball at home. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Browns hung up 33 on them. The Rams 31. 

Honestly, the Jags weren't awful yesterday. They missed two field goals, fumbled deep in Baltimore territory, had the half end on them at the 5 yard line. 

There's no reason we shouldn't be able to move the ball at home. 

The key against the Ravens is the ability to quickly process coverage shifts - they confuse the best in the NFL, but there are seams if you know what you are doing. I kind of dig our current QB's ability to handle it. But we'll see and they'll get theirs.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't want to say that this game is unimportant, but if people aren't ready to go, perfectly okay to sit them now. 

The last 30 minutes have changed our mentality now, if they aren’t ready to go let them sit, I would even recommend letting Purdy and cmc play the first half if we are getting blown out or blowing them out