Week 16: San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay, so Ambry Yhomas had a hammy injury and that's why he didn't play in the 2nd half. 

Banks with a toe injury. 

Williams with a groin injury means he likely isn't playing until the playoffs. Beating the Rams without him is going to be awfully tough. 

Probably need to get Pryor back in the fold, asap.

The line will just have to get it done w/o Sliverback for two weeks. 

I believe they can.

Need to hope Moore can go Sunday though.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

The fact that he wanted to go back in tells me that there is  some hope it may not be that serious. Hopefully take a week off 

Adrenaline sir adrenaline!!! 

You know it went bad when Sam Darnold is saying we have to look each other in the mirror 😂.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

The fact that he wanted to go back in tells me that there is  some hope it may not be that serious. Hopefully take a week off 

He hasn't gotten to play the Commanders yet since the trade if I recall correctly, though with how bad that field is better not to risk it. If we can't beat the Commanders without Trent, we have bigger problems

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

He hasn't gotten to play the Commanders yet since the trade if I recall correctly, though with how bad that field is better not to risk it. If we can't beat the Commanders without Trent, we have bigger problems

Played against them in 2020 but not in Washington yet. 

• Like 1

Tough loss, sh!t got out of hand way too quick. 

In our system the QB does not call the protections, the center does. Brock got hit a few times from free rushers when they were only bringing 5. That can not happen. We were not prepared for their stunts at all. Have to blame brendel but also kyle because we just flat out had a sh!t gameplan. 

Brock took a huge shot on the first play of the game if memory serves. He got the ball out to cmc but you could tell he recognized the free rusher after the play started and then flipped his hips to throw to cmc and left himself exposed. I think after that he did not completely trust his protection. 

Their DL manhandled us up front and they were flooding zones with defenders. Purdy's clock got sped up and also didn't trust his eyes.

He made some really great throws over the middle. But it was feast or famine. Either we had someone wide open or they were on us like glue and dropping guys into the throwing windows. Brock was late to throw it and they were reading him like a book. 

Also - Does anyone have a good angle showing that Queen's knee was down?? The angle they showed at the stadium I was 100% positive that the ball was out before his knee was down. I need to see an angle showing possession and the knee down. Because that was f ucking horsesh!t. If we had mahomes on our team, he would have thrown a hissy fit in a press conference about how they wont be able to show that play at Trent's HOF induction ceremony. 

• Like 2

Also, this loss is *fine* because we had a one game buffer, but it just shows how badly we need the bye. We still control our own destiny. The rams game is looming large. The eagles play the cardinals and then giants. The lions play the cowboys and the vikings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Not a recipe for success

I mean, that's what happens when your behind by multiple scores "early" in the game.

Baltimore is good, give them their flowers but they aren't being +5 in the turnover game every game against us. Maybe +4 if you count the safety as one for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Tough loss, sh!t got out of hand way too quick. 

In our system the QB does not call the protections, the center does. Brock got hit a few times from free rushers when they were only bringing 5. That can not happen. We were not prepared for their stunts at all. Have to blame brendel but also kyle because we just flat out had a sh!t gameplan. 

Brock took a huge shot on the first play of the game if memory serves. He got the ball out to cmc but you could tell he recognized the free rusher after the play started and then flipped his hips to throw to cmc and left himself exposed. I think after that he did not completely trust his protection. 

Their DL manhandled us up front and they were flooding zones with defenders. Purdy's clock got sped up and also didn't trust his eyes.

He made some really great throws over the middle. But it was feast or famine. Either we had someone wide open or they were on us like glue and dropping guys into the throwing windows. Brock was late to throw it and they were reading him like a book. 

Also - Does anyone have a good angle showing that Queen's knee was down?? The angle they showed at the stadium I was 100% positive that the ball was out before his knee was down. I need to see an angle showing possession and the knee down. Because that was f ucking horsesh!t. If we had mahomes on our team, he would have thrown a hissy fit in a press conference about how they wont be able to show that play at Trent's HOF induction ceremony. 

Gotta give MacDonald his due as well. Most DCs don't have answers when Shanny gets a feel for what you're trying to do. He got better as the game worn on, much like we give Shanny credit for. He had those guys prepared and playing sound, for the most part.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Not a recipe for success

We were at 20 passes to 10 runs last week vs the Cardinals when the score was 28-13. The pass was moving the ball very well on the first three drives. The INTs were just killers. The Ravens were like 27 passes to 9 runs at one point themselves. That stat is not as relevant as folks make it out to be. The game flow decides what that ratio ends up being. Maybe we could have rushed it more but the score was 30-12 at the start of the 3rd Q so what do you expect?

The Ravens just kicked our butts. That's all there is to it. These types of games happen and some unfortunate luck went against us. 

What the issue offensively was not featuring Aiyuk more. I have no idea why he only got one target until the end. He was the one who was going to win his 1 on 1 match ups. 

The OL is a big problem in pass blocking but we already knew that. This is why getting ahead is important for this team.

On to Washington…