2023 GDT Week #16 Steelers 7-7 Host 8-6 Bengals

Steeler Hitman

2020-steelers-vs-bengals-1536x674.jpg

Saturday, December 23, 2023 at 4:30 pm. Acrisure Stadium Pittsburgh, PA

Last Game: won by the Steelers in Cincinnati. This is also the last game that the Steelers won putting them at 7-4. The Steelers offense moved the ball and put up more than 400 yards of offense, but only scored 16 points. They will need a similar offensive effort to just be respectable. But they will also need to score points. That just hasn't been happening consistently for the 2023 Steelers.

Mason-Rudolph-as-seen-in-an-Instagram-Po

Mason Rudolph is the next man up at QB.  He is looking ready to go after sub par efforts by Mitch Tribisky. FYI: Kenny Pickett was sighted at the facility rehabbing on Monday.  Stay tuned!

1043889506.jpeg

A picture of Teddy Pendergrass' song, "The Whole Town's (League's) Laughing at Me!" This has been a rough year for Coach Tomlin.

browning_bengals_AP_23339187353320

Jake Browning proving to be more than the average Joe. No Burrow, no problem with the Bengals offense.

Tee-Higgins-1860515645-scaled.jpg

No Chase, but Tee will be back. Secondary is riddled with injuries like the ILB position.

29c_gettyimages1043889352.jpeg

This picture sums it up with most fans in Steelers Nation

th?id=OIP.-mUH8DcSGFycCSgJi4c3SwHaE8&pid

Hoping for any signs of life from the Steelers.

Mitch-Trubisky-George-Pickens-intercepti

This season is slipping through sure hands of one of the team's promising young stars.

7 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Need to lose this one, this team could desperately use a top 10 pick. 

Hot take:

I would trade down then.  I think that there's enough talent at the positions that we need to still get good value and pick up extra assets.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Hot take:

I would trade down then.  I think that there's enough talent at the positions that we need to still get good value and pick up extra assets.

especially if they are keeping KP, trade down, get OT and C early, maybe the NT in RD2 if we get extra pick. If they trade GP and don't sign Higgins, then they probably get a WR  early.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Hot take:

I don’t entirely disagree, but it would depend on who still on the board. And I think the FO would lean towards keeping the pick since we quite literally never draft that high. 

My current mock:
1. Jer'Zhan Newton DE Illinois

2. Donovan Jackson OG Ohio State

3. Malachi Corley WR Western Kentucky

4a. Jackson Powers-Johnson Center Oregon

4b. Junior Colson ILB Michigan

6. Moose Muhammad III WR Texas A&M

7. LaDarius Henderson OT Michigan

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Need to lose this one, this team could desperately use a top 10 pick. 

Sadly, I won't be shocked if we win 2 of our last 3.

As bad as we are, Tomlin has a knack for having us win games we would be better off losing, en route to a record that allows him to keep the whole "Tomlin has never had a losing season" narrative going strong.

In reality.....we havent been much better than the 2 win Patriot team we lost to.   We would be much better off with 4 wins right now, as opposed to a few extra insignificant close wins against mediocre teams.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

I don’t entirely disagree, but it would depend on who still on the board. And I think the FO would lean towards keeping the pick since we quite literally never draft that high. 

True.  Like is Alt is there it's hard to move down, but I'll run a PFF mock with us at 9 just for giggles to see how it falls for this thought process.

Chi - Caleb Williams

NE - Drake Maye

Ari - Marvin Harrison Jr

Was - Joe Alt

Chi - Malik Nabers

NYG - Jayden Daniels

NYJ - Olumuyiwa Fashanu

LAC - Jer'Zhan Newton

Ten - Rome Odune

So that puts us up.  The top on the board are Brock Bowers, Chop Robinson, Jarden Verse, Laiatu Latu.  A TE and 3 Edge guys. You could talk me into Wiggins, McKinstry, or DeJean here but I would need to be really sold.  It's too early for Latham or Fuaga.  So I would look at someone like Denver at 15.  Atlanta, Vegas, New Orleans all need edge players and draft ahead of them.  They would have their pick of the 3.  Arizona at 17 (as of now) is another option as they need a corner and they would have their pick.  

Lets just say 15 is who we move with (Denver).  So 10 is worth 1300 points and 15 is worth 1050.  So they need to come up with a value of 250.  So 15, 79, 2025 3rd would work.  Or 15 and 2025 2nd.  

13 with Vegas would be another good draft swap spot.  They could have their pick of corners.  They only need a 150 point difference.  So they give up 13 & 70 for 10 & 111.

And that's the worse case situation you are looking at to move down.  I really feel Washington and the Giants are the wild cards up there.  Washington could go with Daniels, pushing Alt to the Jets or 10.  If Washington does go LT, Giants might go with Bowers pushing Daniels down, and I don't think any of the next three teams would take him.  Maybe at that point Arizona gives you the overpay deal to move down that's hard to say no on of 2 1sts+ to take him.  I think that Denver, Tampa, Minny would be 3 other teams willing to give up the house for Daniels that would be hard to say no to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 43M said:

Sadly, I won't be shocked if we win 2 of our last 3.

As bad as we are, Tomlin has a knack for having us win games we would be better off losing, en route to a record that allows him to keep the whole "Tomlin has never had a losing season" narrative going strong.

In reality.....we havent been much better than the 2 win Patriot team we lost to.   We would be much better off with 4 wins right now, as opposed to a few extra insignificant close wins against mediocre teams.

Sorry to call you out @43M but you clearly have not been watching the last 3 weeks (sarcasm). This team sucks, on both sides. The games that we normally win that we aren’t supposed to were the last two weeks. We have a very real chance of going 0-6 to end the season.

🎉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Sorry to call you out @43M but you clearly have not been watching the last 3 weeks (sarcasm). This team sucks, on both sides. The games that we normally win that we aren’t supposed to were the last two weeks. We have a very real chance of going 0-6 to end the season.

🎉

what if mason saves tomlins winning season aka superbowl ? QB controversy with steelers :$