Who was the WORST Head Coach this year?

RaidersAreOne

Who was the WORST Head Coach this year?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the WORST Head Coach this year?

• Brandon Staley - Chargers (fired)
    • Josh McDaniels - Raiders (fired)
    • Frank Reich - Panthers (fired)
    • Ron Rivera - Commanders
    • Dennis Allen - Saints
    • Bill Belichick - Patriots
    • Matt Eberflus - Bears
    • Jonathan Gannon - Cardinals
    • Arthur Smith - Falcons
    • Mike Vrabel - Titans
    • Other (Who)

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

McDaniels was the worst of all the ones, including fired.

Arthur Smith wins the award for coaches currently NOT fired. HM though to Ron Rivera. I mean, this is impressive dedication to tanking:

I saw a few comments about this, but I didn't realize they were actually running the play clock all the way down to 1. Thought it was just a weird effect of the number of plays ran. That's egregious.

• Like 2

Voted Eberflus...

1. We spent all offseason revamping HIS defense, and as a result didn't accomplish the  one goal of the season: evaluating Fields.

2. Two of his hand picked assistants had to be fired for as of yet unnamed reasons.... The rumor mill had the DC at least being a similar situation to Patrick Swayze's character in Donnie Darko.

3. HIS defense, has had 3 historic come from behind losses this season

4. Despite all of that, there's a VERY REAL chance, the organization tries to run this all back and expect a different result.... We've been constantly bringing in new QBs the year before a HC gets fired, and the rumors are that Eberflus is staying.

5. His offense has been run by Luke Getsy, another hand picked assistant and consensus bottom 3 OC in the league who was inexplicably given the chance to waste a "do or die" year in Fields' development and evaluation.

I'd rather a coach just explode like the Hindenburg and get canned than get stuck in this ambiguous state of striving to be lower mid tier or upper garbage tier that Chicago has been "blessed" with.

Edited by Epyon

On 12/25/2023 at 8:09 AM, LinderFournette said:

I gave it to art. 0 reason to have that much invested in skill guys and crap the bed with them 

I mean, that's fair. I'd make the same argument for Oakland too. With JAcobs and Adams on big deals with going out and getting Meyers and Mayer too.

McDaniels got 3 wins in a solid division with a dysfunctional organization and a QB people are quick to use as an example of "not a franchise QB".

Smith has won 7 games with a QB that everyone has been bashing a poster here for defending, because he is so bad.

Reich went 1-10 in a historically bad division after hand picking his QB with the 1.1 in the draft. 

--------------

I can't believe I'm literally the only one riding this train. 

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 1