QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

15 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

Option #1: Do whatever it takes to get Drake Maye and unleash him on the league from Day 1

Option #2: Do whatever it takes to get JJ McCarthy, redshirt him for a year behind AOC, and then unleash him on the league in his 2nd year.

Option #3: Let some FAs duke it out in training camp/preseason and hope for the best.

Combine options 2 and 3 - Sign a FA QB to start. Draft JJ McCarthy to develop. 

I don't consider AOC anything more than a low end backup at this point. If he's your opening day starter 2024, you've failed miserably to address the position. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Combine options 2 and 3 - Sign a FA QB to start. Draft JJ McCarthy to develop. 

I don't consider AOC anything more than a low end backup at this point. If he's your opening day starter 2024, you've failed miserably to address the position. 

Honestly, I would understand him being  QB2 if we only kept 2, but if he's QB2 and we roll with 3, we've failed miserably to address the position. 

Credit to him for not failing spectacularly, but AOC really shouldn't have seen live action until year 3 or so. He's not ready to start and I'm not entirely solid on him being ready to he next man up by default. 

On 12/22/2023 at 2:01 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Kirk Cousins is fantastic, I’ve said for years he’s a tier (or two) above Carr and people called me a fool and this and that. With that said, I don’t think Kirk is a Super Bowl caliber winning QB. Draft a QB in the 1st Round. It is the ONLY logical answer. 

This guy is obsessed with Carr, you mention him every chance you get lol 

I’m down to trade up for McCarthy or trading a pick for Fields. I think these are our two best bets. McCarthy comes from a pro style offense and has the required measurables in terms of size, athleticism and arm talent. Fields is intriguing, he has off the charts ability but needs to be reigned in a bit. I’m a believer in the Bears dysfunction and think he needs a change of scenery to meet his vast potential. Take a OT in the first and really give this guy a chance with our weapons. With Fields we’ll have to nail down a quality OC that has a plan for a QB with his skill set. He boosts our offense with his deep ball and legs from day 1. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’m down to trade up for McCarthy or trading a pick for Fields. I think these are our two best bets. McCarthy comes from a pro style offense and has the required measurables in terms of size, athleticism and arm talent. Fields is intriguing, he has off the charts ability but needs to be reigned in a bit. I’m a believer in the Bears dysfunction and think he needs a change of scenery to meet his vast potential. Take a OT in the first and really give this guy a chance with our weapons. With Fields we’ll have to nail down a quality OC that has a plan for a QB with his skill set. He boosts our offense with his deep ball and legs from day 1. 

I heard players are pounding the table to make that trade. Kelley has a connection.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I heard players are pounding the table to make that trade. Kelley has a connection.

Won’t take too much to get him and have a tryout year before you pay him. If it don’t work out your down a pick and try again next year. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Won’t take too much to get him and have a tryout year before you pay him. If it don’t work out your down a pick and try again next year. 

I'd go with what will save us the most draft picks so we can add to the roster. So Fields for a 3rd I'm all for it.

57 minutes ago, Geezy said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470skcv8a6upsltc9e2d

I've suggested this before. Buy low on Fields as your starter. Draft JJ McCarthy to compete and develop.

Worst case, Fields doesn't progress, you let him walk as a FA. Best case, he breaks out and you have a trade piece if/when ready to transition to McCarthy. 

I'm of the camp you can never have enough QBs. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

McCarthy anywhere in round one scares the daylights itt of me.  👀

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Source? He's not even available...... yet. 

Source that players are pounding the table from him is a result of Raiders twitter reporters aka fans with podcasts seeing that he and Zeus were liking each others posts on IG, despite the fact that they were teammates at UGA. (Might have been freshmen together)