QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

McCarthy looking underwhelming in the early going. His most telling game before today was last year’s playoff vs. TCU. He was pretty up and down in that game.

Also, how is thread meaningfully different from the below?

Maybe close one? We are now having QB conversations in 3 different places including the draft thread.

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

JJ had a nice impromptu save on the trick play and turned it into a gain

he's raw and from a run based college team. Suddenly he's going carry a team in the NFL. I just buy him as a top 10 pick. He has tools, but I see him as a late 1st/2nd rounder due to being so raw. I expect a top 10 QB to be ready to came in and lead a team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Since we’re on the topic of draft QBs, Nix had an amazing stat line today. The degree of difficulty was not high, but he did what he was supposed to do. He also showed rare creativity near the goal line.

he's not in an NFL system and is old. Forget those cartoon stats. He's not a first round pick, and I'm not starting a 2nd round rookie QB

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

he's not in an NFL system and is old. Forget those cartoon stats. He's not a first round pick, and I'm not starting a 2nd round rookie QB

Plenty of QBs have succeeded coming from a "non-NFL system," including a guy who played at Oregon before him, the likely current NFL MVP, and arguably the best QB in the NFL. I agree that he's not a first-round pick, but he's likely to be a second-round pick because he has shown he has some height-level traits (arm strength, release, mobility, strength, deep accuracy, to name a few). Any QB picked in the first two days this year will be a long-term investment, so I am not worried if he does not start right away. The same QBs I referenced above didn't start right away, either.

15 minutes ago, Totty said:

So, how happy or unhappy would this forum be if we opted to give our 2nd to the Bears for Justin Fields?  

Maybe go DT or CB with 11th overall?  

2nd round pick would be a bargain. I don’t think he goes less than a 1st. A team will overpay for him. I think there’s a chance Chicago keeps him though

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

2nd round pick would be a bargain. I don’t think he goes less than a 1st. A team will overpay for him. I think there’s a chance Chicago keeps him though

1st would be out of the question for me.  If they want to move on from him and take Williams, they'd only get a 2nd if I'm Champ Kelly.