QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

JJ McCarthy played a clean and efficient game against one of the top D's in the nation.  He is still raw but he has shown the skills to be a 1st round pick.

At 20 years old, if he is on the board when we pick in the 1st he needs to be in strong consideration.  He will most certainly have to sit at least half the 1st year which I am ok with and why we should pair him with a veteran that runs a traditional O.  

I'd love to sit him for a year. His size worries me but he can't legally drink yet so I'm pretty sure he'll grow over time. Now Have Ewers shine and get them both into the draft so we get a shot at somebody!!!

I wouldn’t take JJ in round 1 this season. NFL defenses will feast on him early on. He needs more reps or it’s gonna be rough because he isn’t refined in the passing game yet. If he goes to a bad team ,He would be similar to what happened to Bryce Young or even worse

• Like 1

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

JJ is a 2nd round pick. He's a younger BO Nix 

I think he will go in the first round because he checks a lot of NFL boxes. If Daniel Jones and Kenny Pickett can go round one, so can McCarthy. If you're talking about the quality of him as a prospect, I agree. Of the four guys (Nix, McCarthy, Penix, and Rattler) after the top three consensus QBs, McCarthy has the least impressive play but more prototypical traits and youth. Nix is my favorite because I like his personality and perseverance, but that's not to say I would pick him first in that group.

16 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think he will go in the first round because he checks a lot of NFL boxes. If Daniel Jones and Kenny Pickett can go round one, so can McCarthy. If you're talking about the quality of him as a prospect, I agree. Of the four guys (Nix, McCarthy, Penix, and Rattler) after the top three consensus QBs, McCarthy has the least impressive play but more prototypical traits and youth. Nix is my favorite because I like his personality and perseverance, but that's not to say I would pick him first in that group.

Kenny Pickett a bust, and Danie Jones had freak size and athletic ability. JJ doesn't have that size 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wouldn’t take JJ in round 1 this season. NFL defenses will feast on him early on. He needs more reps or it’s gonna be rough because he isn’t refined in the passing game yet. If he goes to a bad team ,He would be similar to what happened to Bryce Young or even worse

and you end up with the number 1 pick and take the best player in the draft or trade out for loads of capital. 

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Penix is dotting

He’s been the most impressive QB of the day that’s for sure. Dodging pass rusher and keeping his eyes downfield. Really making a case for #3. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chali21 said:

He’s been the most impressive QB of the day that’s for sure. Dodging pass rusher and keeping his eyes downfield. Really making a case for #3. 

Yeah his movement in the pocket has been incredible tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah his movement in the pocket has been incredible tonight.

This. 

A lot of people made a thing about his WRs and the scheme. He's showing he can create time and be effective outside of structure. That's all of the QB to do when blocking breaks down. 

Only worry I have is his ACL history. I know medicine has come a looooong way with those and Iay be stuck in the past on them, but they do concern me nonetheless. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think #3 is out of the question, but he's been playing very well since the PAC12 Championship.