QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's a secondary trait to actually being able to throw the ball and not be one-dimensional. 

Let's make this simple- Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson at least improved as passers once they got into the league and Vick was already a pretty good passer. 

Fields isn't a rookie and he's shown very little improvement as a passer in the league. He's going to be 25 by the start of the season and has an exceptionally long way to go to become a functional passer on a team needing just a functional passer- which we are not. 

Again, if we're giving up a 2nd for a major project, there's better options than Justin Fields in terms of age and as passers. 

I think it's feasible that Fields will improve because it's not like he's been Zach Wilson levels of inept. He's had huge passing days. As a raw talent, he's superior to anyone in this class, which is a whole lot more than I can say for a player the Raiders could pick in the 2nd round. He's a lot less of a project than you're making him out to be.

I was a Fields skeptic when he was coming out, but I cannot deny he has been a phenom at times and that intrigues me.

10 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think it's feasible that Fields will improve because it's not like he's been Zach Wilson levels of inept. He's had huge passing days. As a raw talent, he's superior to anyone in this class, which is a whole lot more than I can say for a player the Raiders could pick in the 2nd round. He's a lot less of a project than you're making him out to be.

I was a Fields skeptic when he was coming out, but I cannot deny he has been a phenom at times and that intrigues me.

You're right, he's less of a project and more of bust. 

Just now, FloydFan said:

Because you’re biased in your already made opinion. 

You think it was impressive? He made two throws to wide open players in the flat and stood in staring down a deep over that was tipped. He also threw directly into a defender that got his pass tipped up. His most impressive play was the QB keep.

• Like 1

Just now, Rich7sena said:

You think it was impressive? He made two throws to wide open players in the flat and stood in staring down a deep over that was tipped. He also threw directly into a defender that got his pass tipped up. His most impressive play was the QB keep.

He got it done. He was making every play given to him. Yes that’s impressive. I rank JJ as QB 4 in this draft and that drive only helped that evaluation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

He got it done. He was making every play given to him. Yes that’s impressive. I rank JJ as QB 4 in this draft and that drive only helped that evaluation. 

Oh, so you're biased and already made up your opinion? See how dumb that sounds :)?

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Oh, so you're biased and already made up your opinion? See how dumb that sounds :)?

Yes ranking someone as QB 4 in a draft is heavy bias. Take a lap champ. :)

Edited by FloydFan
  • Like 1

JJ McCarthy played a clean and efficient game against one of the top D's in the nation.  He is still raw but he has shown the skills to be a 1st round pick.

At 20 years old, if he is on the board when we pick in the 1st he needs to be in strong consideration.  He will most certainly have to sit at least half the 1st year which I am ok with and why we should pair him with a veteran that runs a traditional O.  

• Like 4