QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

52 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

how good is he? Not seen him

dont want to be reactionary but, Penix in round 1 please I don’t care about the injury history! 

He was terrible during the second half of the season and there’s a very real chance he returns to school. Lol

•Trade up for QB of whatever HC/GM combo’s choice if they feel the right one is in this draft.. could there be some growing pains? Yes but based on what we’ve seen with O’Connell and still play .500 ball or whatever, it could still propel the offense. if we nail the QB, we can shore up the need areas with free agency (DT, OL, CB) and add depth in the mid to late rounds. If Adams wants to be a part of it, great. If he wants to go to a contender, then try to get a late first or a late 2nd and a 3rd/4th to recoup some draft capital from a QB trade up. 

•Stand pat and add BPA in RD 1, whether that’s a CB, DL, OT or QB outside of Williams, Maye and likely Daniels (all probable top 5 selections).. if no QB picked here, take one in round 2 if the value/talent is there and sign a vet QB to bridge for 2-3 years if necessary. If Adams is kept which I think he will be, I could see a Cousins type of signing to get an established starter to appease him and one that is off the heels of what could have been a career year (no pun intended).. if my math was correct Cousins has 171/55 TD to INT over the last 5.5 seasons (played in 8 games this year).. 

•Trade back 20-32, accumulate a couple more picks (2nd + 4th/5th?) and take best QB available (McCarthy/Penix/Nix).. Could also pick up 2 potential starters with the trade, as the 2nd could be a potential CB/DT/OT and 4th/5th could be a OG/OC that could start from day 1.. In this scenario I’d also still be in the market for a vet QB (Cousins, Mayfield, Minshew, Darnold in that order) as a bridge to the rookie QB. 

Edited by JarrodR86

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

He gets a lot of comps to Herbert, but he's not close to Herbert, physically. He feels like Matt Ryan with a touch more athleticism. I still think he's a top 10 prospect, but more because I think he has a pretty high floor than a high ceiling.

A more athletic Matt Ryan is a HOF QB. Maybe not the example you want. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

What about Joe Flacco if we miss out in round 1? Nice bridge QB who obviously still has a little in the tank. 

Draft Cam Ward and sign Joe Flacco. 

Let Cam do his thing and start out hot, switch over to Flacco after week 9. Boom. Obviously a winning combination. 

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

What about Joe Flacco if we miss out in round 1? Nice bridge QB who obviously still has a little in the tank. 

I got a feeling that Flacco reverts back to washed up next season

If we draft Cam Ward, I’d look into Tyrod Taylor or Darnold 

Edited by bucksavage1

On 1/2/2024 at 7:45 AM, bucksavage1 said:

Penix Jr was awesome last night.

If it wasn’t for his injury history, he would be a sure fire round 1. 2 ACLs in college sounds like Frank Gore. I’d still entertain taking him in round 2 though 

Saw a PFF mock that has 4 QBs, including Penix, going in the top 10

• Like 1