Out of all states to have multiple teams....

Duluther

Missouri? Up until 2016, MO had two teams. KC and St. Louis span the width of the state, but how many incorporated towns were in between? What the hell has MO Tigers football ever done, outside of a few years under Mr. Pinkey and Maclin? I dare you to visit MO. Maybe visit the Rams' old dome. You'll understand what I'm talking about: MO never deserved two teams.

Doesn’t matter what you or I think about Missouri as a state. Both NFL cities qualify as NFL supportive cities. 

Kansas City is the 37th largest city (pop. 500,000+) in the US and St Louis, as a metropolitan area, has a population of $2.8 mill. Also, after Carol Rosenblum died, his widow Georgia Frontiere moved the Rams to her home town of St Louis. St Louis also hosted the Cardinals until they moved to Phoenix Arizona.

St Louis is just a victim of not being Arizona or L.A. 

• Like 7

For something like this, they also benefit from there not being much for other teams around. You get a good amount of reach into a bunch of neighboring states that don't have cities of their own large enough to support an NFL team. Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, the Dakotas. I live in Lincoln, definitely not big enough to support an NFL team here (especially since everyone still thinks the Huskers are worth rooting for for some reason), but between Lincoln and Omaha you get another 800k people. And with no NFL team in the state, you get kind of a split between the Chiefs, the Broncos, the Vikings, and the Packers. So with some of the midwestern middle of the country teams, it isn't just that metro area, but all of the in between stuff that will still tend towards the close-ish teams.

• Like 4

Who deserves teams? Missouri NFL teams combined for 4 Super Bowl wins and 7 Super Bowl appearances. Being in Missouri certainly hasn’t hurt their success 

The Chiefs also have a fanbase in Kansas and Nebraska, while I’m sure the old Rams pulled fans from southern Illinois 

I also don’t know what the Mizzou Tigers have to do with any of it. Ohio State is a football powerhouse yet their NFL teams have combined for a total of 0 Lombardis

Edited by Nightime
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nightime said:

Who deserves teams? Missouri NFL teams combined for 4 Super Bowl wins and 7 Super Bowl appearances. Being in Missouri certainly hasn’t hurt their success 

The Chiefs also have a fanbase in Kansas and Nebraska, while I’m sure the old Rams pulled fans from southern Illinois 

I also don’t know what the Mizzou Tigers have to do with any of it. Ohio State is a football powerhouse yet their NFL teams have combined for a total of 0 Lombardis

Dont disagree with your point but I probably wouldn't use the state that football was born in as an example

3 hours ago, Nightime said:

On a map, Ohio is one of the most iconic and recognizable states. It’s probably etched into all of our brains. It’s so popular, I’ve seen tshirts with the state outline and nothing else - they don’t even need to put the name because we all know: it’s Ohio. I understand your point, but I disagree and think you chose the worst state to use as an example.