Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

19 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

A lot of those tight window throws are just high throws.  I don't think I saw anything squeezed between two DBs.  I'm just surprised he was able to find 7 throws he wanted to highlight.  I'm sure we could review 7 throws from just the Cotton Bowl from Darnold that were better.

All I saw were posts flags and slants. 

I want to see comebacks, outs, selling a double move, releasing the ball with anticipation prior to the receiver making a break, etc.

And I'm not saying he can't do any of these.  He seems like he has a strong arm, but I don't see it in his film.  I know that Oklahoma uses scheme a lot.  I guess going through the months leading up to the draft we will see exactly what he can do.  Maybe he is really good at throwing some of the harder routes?  Idk because I don't know if he was asked to do that at Oklahoma. 

I wish the kid well and if Darnold goes back to school and Rosen continues his doucey ways, I hope Mayfield WOWS us all silly season long and ends it at the underwear Olympics by being showered with gold.

I think we need to start coming to reality the top 2 QB prospects are off the table. Rosen isn’t coming here and Darnold is going back. My question is if we get a vet my choice would be Smith/McCarron/Keenum. In that order. After sitting for a year who would have the best chance to succeed ? First and foremost they have to sit a year no questions asked I wish we could IR him to make sure that happens. My bet is on Mayfield if he gets a redshirt year to 1. Catch up to the speed of the NFL. 2. Learn the playbook. 3. The offense develops and matures. 4. He gets time to perfect his anticipation and timing. And 5. We must get players to compliment his ability. Which is speed guys capable of getting open. I really wish we would have let Hue go. And brought in a guy who could grow with him. I don’t see this coaching staff lasting unless they go 7-9 8-8 

5 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I think we need to start coming to reality the top 2 QB prospects are off the table. Rosen isn’t coming here and Darnold is going back. My question is if we get a vet my choice would be Smith/McCarron/Keenum. In that order. After sitting for a year who would have the best chance to succeed ? First and foremost they have to sit a year no questions asked I wish we could IR him to make sure that happens. My bet is on Mayfield if he gets a redshirt year to 1. Catch up to the speed of the NFL. 2. Learn the playbook. 3. The offense develops and matures. 4. He gets time to perfect his anticipation and timing. And 5. We must get players to compliment his ability. Which is speed guys capable of getting open. I really wish we would have let Hue go. And brought in a guy who could grow with him. I don’t see this coaching staff lasting unless they go 7-9 8-8 

It would be great for Mayfield to sit a year and learn the playbook, but since we will have a new coaching staff after year 1 anyway were going to have a new playbook year 2....

20 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I mean, man, I don't know what to say. Both the TE middle throw and the one versus OSU miss the defenders hands by a few inches and go to his guy's outstretched hands. I don't know how you get tighter windows.

As for Georgia, he was super sick the days leading up to the game, and I think it became clear in OT that he was out of energy and riding fumes. There's no way you don't attempt a pass in two OT's, with the heisman winner at QB, unless something is wrong. That's just an opinion, but it seems the most likely scenario.

11 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I think one thing that is overlooked is Mayfield is smart in the pocket.

He has the ability to fake one way and throw the other.

He has the ability to look off safeties.

I have been Rosen or Darnold for months now but the more I read about baker, the more I watch baker, the more I like him.

I worry if Darnold goes back to school, if we want Rosen, he is going to do nothing but question Hueball's stupid decision making...

4 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

@ditchdigger, it's happening!

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I think he was playing thru an injury also. Did you see that guy spear him in the back with his knee?  Late btw

Yeah, that looked like it hurt.

And I'm not saying that means "everything bad he did wasn't his fault" or something. I'm just saying that the film from this game should be compared to that of the season as a whole. 

9 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I worry if Darnold goes back to school, if we want Rosen, he is going to do nothing but question Hueball's stupid decision making...

Oh geez. You're right. How the heck is egomaniac Hue gonna handle the team's positional "leader" being a person who is totally okay looking at something dumb and saying, "that's #$%^ing dumb."?!?!? He had Kizer for a year, who refused to ever throw freaking BRIAN KELLY under the bus, and still managed to trash Kizer by the end of the year. We could see a QB/Coach civil war with Hue and Rosen.

19 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

It would be great for Mayfield to sit a year and learn the playbook, but since we will have a new coaching staff after year 1 anyway were going to have a new playbook year 2....

Then he needs to sit 2 years and we need to grab Smith and pay him a boat load for atleast two years. The thing is Darnold and Rosen can literally be put in an offense. Pro style. West cost. Air raid and be successful. Mayfield needs to be put in a certain offense to be. Think Russell Wilson. That’s what we need to do. Except instead of playing right away he needs to sit for two years till he’s ready. By that time  the rest of the offense and defense can be ready for his mistakes. 

37 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I have been Rosen or Darnold for months now but the more I read about baker, the more I watch baker, the more I like him.

26 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Oh geez. You're right. How the heck is egomaniac Hue gonna handle the team's positional "leader" being a person who is totally okay looking at something dumb and saying, "that's #$%^ing dumb."?!?!? He had Kizer for a year, who refused to ever throw freaking BRIAN KELLY under the bus, and still managed to trash Kizer by the end of the year. We could see a QB/Coach civil war with Hue and Rosen.

Hue-on-Hard-Knocks me wants Rosen #1 after reading the above. 

tenor.gif

6 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

The numbers clearly show DeShone Kizer had a huge weakness in the red zone with interceptions yet Sashi and DePo were okay drafting him anyway? Something doesn't smell right with that pick. That is anti analytic right there. I have to believe that was a Hue Jackson or Jimmy Haslam pick all the way.

Still does.

Fumbles, too.

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Don’t **** this up browns take Darnold. Please for god sake

Hey if the Giants want to move ahead of us and pay a premium to take Rosen #1, by all means I will roll out the red carpet for them to do so and for us to take Sam #2. 

Archived