Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

On 1/19/2018 at 3:42 AM, Mind Character said:

John Dorsey will draft Baker Mayfield number 1 overall. Book it. I'd put a lot of money on it.

-------------------------------------------------

As with last year with my daily "Davis Webb" is trash reminder, I'm just here again to remind everyone that John Dorsey is selecting Baker Mayfield number 1 overall.

That is all.

11 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

As with last year with my daily "Davis Webb" is trash reminder, I'm just here again to remind everyone that John Dorsey is selecting Baker Mayfield number 1 overall.

That is all.

I see what you are doing.

Do we get points for posts?

13 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I see what you are doing.

Do we get points for posts?

It's either I long nonquality post, or I double and triple post to cope with my disgust that we're passing on Darnold and Rosen for Baker

...those are the only options.

I thought I'd try something different this time.

But then again...I can do both and will likely do so when Sam Darnold's 8.75 inch hands cause the hypothetical of Baker to become a reality.

I really couldn't care less about Mayfield's height. Sure, it'd be nice if he was a couple inches taller, but shorter QBs can still succeed in the pros. I remember thinking Wilson would be a first round pick if he were two inches taller. I'm more worried about the type of offense he played in. Had Darnold and Rosen remained in school, I would have been fine with taking Baker at #1. But since those two did declare, he's now my #3 QB. Still think he's worth being a top 10-15 pick, though.

16 hours ago, Mind Character said:

That is all.

I remember a time when sources were convinced Darnold wasn’t coming out. ?

20 hours ago, Mind Character said:

That is all.

20 hours ago, Mind Character said:

That is all.

Dorsey is going to take positive about every single potential QB for the Browns. All this Mayfield stuff is coming out because of the senior bowl and a lot of people are asking him about. I think that quote came from an interview he did with Dustin Fox, when Forx directly asked him a question about Mayfield and what he likes about him.

dude you have more wrong predictions than right ones. got sit down. Maybe you and Mike McCarthy can get together and scheme up the proper offense for the Browns

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

@buno67

Eat a bag...

My real prediction game is strong.

Eat a bag...

Bow down and behold your new Browns QB King: Baker "I'm Brees and Russell Wilson Combined" Mayfield.

Baker is the flavor of the week because of the senior bowl. When it comes to the combine and Darnold and Rosen is on display they will be getting more love and attention then what Baker is getting. 

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Baker is the flavor of the week because of the senior bowl. When it comes to the combine and Darnold and Rosen is on display they will be getting more love and attention then what Baker is getting. 

Because of... the combine?

I could totally see the natural media rotation plus people's short attention spans swinging the discussion elsewhere. But I don't think any of this year's QBs are going to have a Luck/Newton type combine to force conversation onto them.

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Because of... the combine?

I could totally see the natural media rotation plus people's short attention spans swinging the discussion elsewhere. But I don't think any of this year's QBs are going to have a Luck/Newton type combine to force conversation onto them.

Just saying Baker has dominated the scouting and media talk. Because he is the star of the senior bowl dorsey is forced to talk about him and he isn’t going to bad mouth him so he is going to say nice and flattering things. Leading some people to think he is the QB dorsey wants. Once the combine is here and we get to see Darnold and Rosen. They should just dominate the media. 

I also believe Darnold could be a force at the combine

33 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I also believe Darnold could be a force at the combine

I mean, Darnold is a good athlete, but if one of the QBs is gonna dominate the underwear olympics, it's gotta be Allen, right? I heard a rumor from the superbowl that somebody clocked one of his practice throws at 67 MPH, which is craaaaazy.

42 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I mean, Darnold is a good athlete, but if one of the QBs is gonna dominate the underwear olympics, it's gotta be Allen, right? I heard a rumor from the superbowl that somebody clocked one of his practice throws at 67 MPH, which is craaaaazy.

If you are talking about measurables, Allen probably will excel.

But the focus will shift from Allen and Mayfield to Darnold and Rosen.

And every word they say and that is said about them.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Another guy whose claim to fame was throwing real hard was David klingler. Who is that you ask? 

Exactly.

Archived