Week 17 Packers @ Vikings - The Win-win Scenario

LLcheesehead12

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Is he on our practice squad?

Rob Demovsky -  So no Stokes or Jaire Alexander. Packers can make moves / elevations by 3 pm today.

Long was claimed off waivers from Carolina and was added to the 53 at that time in early December. Teams can't claim a player and add them to the practice squad until at least 4 weeks on the active roster. 

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

If this were true, there would be no team strength and conditioning program, nutritionist, etc...

The NFL is most definitely in the business of researching ways to maximize performance and minimize injury risk.

Those trainers and nuritionists deliver services based on best practices and knowledge developed elsewhere. 

Edited by HokieHigh

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Has a $3.7m hit next year but about $2.6m is dead. I'd probably give him one more off-season to get healthy and see if he has anything to offer in TC, but at this point, he's fighting for a roster spot. He can't be part of your plan for next year. 

He's toast .. 2 years now and the hammy hasn't gotten any better.  Time to cut bait, draft 2 corners and move on.  Waiting and hoping for this guy to contribute is taking up a roster spot.  Sad but this is a world of what have you done for me lately.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Just disappointing career.  He's played in just over half of the possible games in his career, but only a ~third of them in the last 2 years.  Seems a likely camp cut.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Has a $3.7m hit next year but about $2.6m is dead. I'd probably give him one more off-season to get healthy and see if he has anything to offer in TC, but at this point, he's fighting for a roster spot. He can't be part of your plan for next year. 

Dude had a pretty severe injury last year. I believe it was a Lisfranc injury, and a knee injury. I always thought it was going to be a tough year for him. 

He was a stud his rookie year, next year is pivotal, but not giving up on him yet. Look how many injures Bakh has dealt with. 

Packers Starter Eric Stokes Reveals Concerning Injury (heavy.com)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Those trainers and nuritionists deliver services based on best practices and knowledge developed elsewhere. 

In a hypothetical sense, this is true.  However, It can take 5-10+ years for new technology/ innovative techniques to reach mainstream use within its field.

21 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

He's toast .. 2 years now and the hammy hasn't gotten any better.  Time to cut bait, draft 2 corners and move on.  Waiting and hoping for this guy to contribute is taking up a roster spot.  Sad but this is a world of what have you done for me lately.

Stokes didn’t have a hamstring injury in 2022.  It was a foot injury

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

In a hypothetical sense, this is true.  However, It can take 5-10+ years for new technology/ innovative techniques to reach mainstream use within its field.

Not sure hypothetical is the right word here. They arent researching nor developing those instruments/techniques. They are early access users - before things hit mainstream. 

They may provide some feedback but it is not anything formal enough to call research. They get no stake in the IP development.