Week 17 Packers @ Vikings - The Win-win Scenario

LLcheesehead12

This game will be quite the one to welcome in 2024.  I am split on what I hope for the outcome here, but either case I do believe will be a win drawn up.

1.  We win and this young team makes the playoffs and gets a learning experience there

2.  Yeah we're out if we lose this one, but failing to make the playoffs will for sure be the end of Joe Barry as it will have been all his fault it happened.

Now please don't give me this **** that Barry will be back next season just because he hasn't been fired yet.  The Packers have never fired a defensive coordinator midseaon in franchise history under any coach or GM.  That's bad and it sucks and I am totally for seeing that change as it's allowed for toxic situations like this one to develop, but that's just the way it's been done and us fans always have to wait until the season is over.

But hey, this game will be the game, and at the rate our D has been playing im not sensing a win, but they could prove me wrong and pull out another nailbiter.  I got a feeling it's gonna be real close either way.

Packers got nothing to lose .. Joe Barry get as aggressive as the Viking defense is.  Put Jaire on Jefferson .. Addison and Hockenson may be out.  Blitz the crap out of their backup QB, stunt and twist the D lineman.  Viking QB threw 4 frickin interceptions today .. make his life miserable next week.  Vikings blitz over 50% of the time, make them pay and hopefully our walking wounded group of WR's are back.  If the Packers D goes down being aggressive, I can live with that.  I can not live with another soft zone/non aggressive pass rushing game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Packers got nothing to lose .. Joe Barry get as aggressive as the Viking defense is.  Put Jaire on Jefferson .. Addison and Hockenson may be out.  Blitz the crap out of their backup QB, stunt and twist the D lineman.  Viking QB threw 4 frickin interceptions today .. make his life miserable next week.  Vikings blitz over 50% of the time, make them pay and hopefully our walking wounded group of WR's are back.  If the Packers D goes down being aggressive, I can live with that.  I can not live with another soft zone/non aggressive pass rushing game.

Coachburns for DC.  Get your arse on a plane.  Thought we would have seen that this week.  God Barry sucks so bad.  LLCHEESE this is not a win win scenario.  Only scenario that is a win is if the Packers knock off the Vikes.  Barry is a dead man walking no matter what they do the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Barry?  Get aggressive?  I want some of whatever you are smoking.  We barely beat one of the worst teams in football because they ran out of time.  Our illustrious DC allowed another below average QB look like an All-Pro.  This week will be more of the same.  The only good that could come out of yet another lousy defensive performance is it will force our meek little HC to grow a spine and can Barry before his job security is in question.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Barry wouldn't know how to scheme that. We're going to see a soft zone with two deep, I mean really deep, safeties, and a four man rush with two down linemen. Mullen is going to pick us apart, and the Vikes will roll up 200 yards on the ground. Mullen NFL POTW.

• Like 1

Vikings might be the first team we play more beat up than us. They lost Wonnum for sure yesterday and potentially Addison and Hock for this game.

Would really enjoy if Wicks, Reed, Watson and Musgrave could play. Don't think we've seen the top 5 WRs, top 2 backs and top 2 TEs available for a single snap all year.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Vikings might be the first team we play more beat up than us. They lost Wonnum for sure yesterday and potentially Addison and Hock for this game.

Would really enjoy if Wicks, Reed, Watson and Musgrave could play. Don't think we've seen the top 5 WRs, top 2 backs and top 2 TEs available for a single snap all year.

Reed will play. Watson and Musgrave would be nice. If not now, probably never for those guys. 

Sounds like Hock is for sure done. Addison has an ankle so he's probably the closest. 

That being said, I'm already having nightmares of JJ, Osborn and Powell. 

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think Reed will play.  Wicks probably plays, though will see on how limited he is this week.

Watson hard to tell how close he is.  Feels like Musgrave will need more time given the internal organ aspect and vitality of his injury vs an ankle/ knee.

Having Jones healthy is so important for the offense.  Jones, Dillon,  Reed, Doubs, Kraft, Melton, Wicks, Heath is a very workable group.

Minnesota going to bring pressure, ao MLF and Love need to be prepared for that.

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Reed will play. Watson and Musgrave would be nice. If not now, probably never for those guys. 

Sounds like Hock is for sure done. Addison has an ankle so he's probably the closest. 

That being said, I'm already having nightmares of JJ, Osborn and Powell. 

Any news on Musgrave? I kind of got the feeling he might be done for the year. 

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think Reed will play.  Wicks probably plays, though will see on how limited he is this week.

Watson hard to tell how close he is.  Feels like Musgrave will need more time given the internal organ aspect and vitality of his injury vs an ankle/ knee.

Having Jones healthy is so important for the offense.  Jones, Dillon,  Reed, Doubs, Kraft, Melton, Wicks, Heath is a very workable group.

Minnesota going to bring pressure, ao MLF and Love need to be prepared for that.

Demovsky tweeted earlier that his sources were hopeful that they get Watson and Musgrave back for Minnesota. This was like the first practice of Carolina week, so that's why I bring it up. I've learned this year to never be optimistic about getting anyone back ha.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Demovsky tweeted earlier that his sources were hopeful that they get Watson and Musgrave back for Minnesota. This was like the first practice of Carolina week, so that's why I bring it up. I've learned this year to never be optimistic about getting anyone back ha.

I think Watson would be closer than Musgrave.   Grade 4?? lacerated kidney is pretty significant injury that you can't brace/tape/inject to help alleviate pain like you can an ankle or shoulder.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think Watson would be closer than Musgrave.   Grade 4?? lacerated kidney is pretty significant injury that you can't brace/tape/inject to help alleviate pain like you can an ankle or shoulder.

I don't know what I'm talking about but yeah I'd think it'd be easy to make a lacerated kidney situation way worse by trying to play through it.