Week 17 Packers @ Vikings - The Win-win Scenario

LLcheesehead12

7 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I don't know what I'm talking about but yeah I'd think it'd be easy to make a lacerated kidney situation way worse by trying to play through it. 

I'm thinking that Musgrave wouldn't be practicing at all if there was any serious risk at this point.  He's said he wants to return this year .. LaFleur said he's champing at the bit to get back out there.  It's a big game .. I think he plays, but with Kraft's emergence it's not as pressing as it once was to get Musgrave out there.  Maybe they just wait until the Bears game?

Edited by {Family Ghost}

27 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Any news on Musgrave? I kind of got the feeling he might be done for the year. 

Doesn't sound that way. He had one of those weird injuries where I'm guessing the rehab isn't all that significant once he's medically cleared. Basically once the kidney heals I'm assuming he'd be ready to play.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I don't know what I'm talking about but yeah I'd think it'd be easy to make a lacerated kidney situation way worse by trying to play through it. 

Every fall to the ground, tackle, block, impact is force that could disrupt things around a healing kidney.  Too much risk would be my guess given the history of GB medical staff

• Like 3

Really need Watson out there.  Changes a lot of what the defenses play and can open things up underneath for Wicks, Reed,  (if they can play).

As sad as it is, we need long, time consuming drives to keep our defense off the field.  

Kraft needs to stop trying to jump over people.  All kinds of bad stuff can happen with that.  Need that guy healthy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Every fall to the ground, tackle, block, impact is force that could disrupt things around a healing kidney.  Too much risk would be my guess given the history of GB medical staff

Barring a playoff run, I am fine with not seeing Musgrave suit up again this season.

It's nice to think about what the offense might be when all the pieces are finally in place, but the Musgrave injury has done wonders for accelerating Kraft's development.  TE has gone from train wreck to position of strength in a single season.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Vikings might be the first team we play more beat up than us. They lost Wonnum for sure yesterday and potentially Addison and Hock for this game.

Would really enjoy if Wicks, Reed, Watson and Musgrave could play. Don't think we've seen the top 5 WRs, top 2 backs and top 2 TEs available for a single snap all year.

We might score 100 and with Joe Barry, we might need every single point. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Really need Watson out there.  Changes a lot of what the defenses play and can open things up underneath for Wicks, Reed,  (if they can play).

As sad as it is, we need long, time consuming drives to keep our defense off the field.  

Kraft needs to stop trying to jump over people.  All kinds of bad stuff can happen with that.  Need that guy healthy.

If there are "Watson-lite" type players in the upcoming draft on day 3, I don't hate the idea of taking a shot on one of them.  Watson being in the lineup makes a big difference, and it would be nice to have a similar option on the roster in place of someone like Toure.  Finding a Janis clone whose also a ST demon would be perfect.

• Like 1

If Cousins doesn't re-sign with Minnesota next year we should poach him and relegate him to the practice squad. That way teams who face us next year won't have to worry about their Super Bowl hopes being ruined by losing to us, although we all know we're going to win it all next year. I guarantee it.

You are destined to play the Jets next year.

You hear me? Destined!!

Nick Favre might throw the dumbest INT in the history of this game against you guys (although he might have already done that against Cincy) but rest assured, he will be our savior!!!!

...And then ruin our draft position the following week lol

Anyways, to be quite honest, I don't think either team in this contest is good enough for the playoffs. Stupid primetime game.

• Like 3