Week 17 Packers @ Vikings - The Win-win Scenario

LLcheesehead12

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Huh? The Vikings obviously have to lose to GB, which puts them out of the playoffs and any tie breakers.

There's an obscure way that both Minnesota and Green Bay can both make the playoffs.  But if either Seattle or LA Rams lose out, and the other goes 1-1 and the Packers beat the Vikings in Week 17, the Vikings can still make the playoffs even if the Packers beat Chicago in Week 18 with a  win over Detroit.

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I really like the idea that we are in a big game this late in the season.  Going to Minnesota in that environment will be great for the Packers.  I just hope the game isn't too big for the young Packers.

Add in the Minn injuries and the Joe Barry effect, it has the makings of a nail-biter game.   

It's basically a playoff game.  If Love can settle in early, we should be in decent shape.  Cant spend a half getting settled in.  Barry's defense won't afford that.

Our only chance is not turning the ball over seeing our defense is pretty toothless under Joe Barry.

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Now that Alexander has been suspended by the Packers, it will be interesting on how they adjust.   

Young team, can't have clowns setting the example.

Was really looking forward to ja jefferson rematch too. Seems like there could have been other options to handle it than benching. 

6 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Was really looking forward to ja jefferson rematch too. Seems like there could have been other options to handle it than benching. 

Don't know, but my guess is, there might be a little more to this.  I think it's warranted just on the pregame stuff, but I think a msg is being sent to him on attitude and conduct.  JMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Damn, Packers need Watson this week. Hopefully the idea is to let him rest another couple days and get him out there Friday. It's now or never 

Good to see Reed, Wicks and Musgrave out there. 

I'd sit Campbell again (McDuffie is better) and Jenkins will be fine. 

Watson would be nice but I’ll take Reed, Wicks, and Musgrave practicing on Wednesday considering they all seemed a bit up in the air. 

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Watson would be nice but I’ll take Reed, Wicks, and Musgrave practicing on Wednesday considering they all seemed a bit up in the air. 

I doubt Musgrave plays however. I've nothing to base that on...but it just doesnt feel like its gonna happen.