Week 17 Packers @ Vikings - The Win-win Scenario

LLcheesehead12

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Doing walk / jog throughs is far different than getting tackled/pounded.
But again..I've no clue. If he's up to it....I'm game. He's a player IMO and we're far better when he's in the mix - especially - when Watson's not.

7 hours ago, squire12 said:

if these were contact and padded practices it would be different.  running around, pass patterns, etc is far different than blocking, getting tackled, falling to the ground, etc for an internal organ injury.

I would be surprised if Musgrave plays

I have no idea whether he’s going to play or not but I don’t think you’re out there practicing in todays NFL unless your kidney is declared good to go. I would think with the packers medical staff you’re not sniffing the field  (even in a limited fashion) if you’re kidney is a concern. He’ll be back this week or next.

We are ahead of the curve from where we expected to be this season. Getting the playoffs is gravy. Even if we made it we are not challenging this year. Anyway, I don't see getting to the playoffs happening with all that has to transpire and where we currently are with the team.

Once we can sign meaningful FA's again in 2025 then we'll be contenders. 

We are on track

• Like 3

13 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Hamstring injuries can fully heal but rushing them back can cause bigger more permanent injuries. With as special as he is, and the repeated nature of hamstring issues for him... i would be very cautious with his return. 

Hopefully they improve his stretching and warm up routine. 

Much like Musgrave, I am actually OK with just shutting Watson down.  Anything more we get from this team 2023 is gravy.  At this point, I just want all the young guys healthy heading into 2024.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Vikings said Jaren Hall starts against us.  If Jaren freaking Hall beats this defense, trade them all away.

Sure seems like a break for us given the kids inexperience.  I think Mullen would have sliced and diced us up.  We'll see of the Packers can come with anything to confuse the youngster.  Not holding my breath on that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Sure seems like a break for us given the kids inexperience.  I think Mullen would have sliced and diced us up.  We'll see of the Packers can come with anything to confuse the youngster.  Not holding my breath on that.

Glad I'll be able to see this game....so I can measure the GAS factors of the defense.