Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

I've been off work today (and will be off tomorrow), what did I miss?  😂 

Just kidding, I saw it all on TV.  I'm glad for Kirk...and glad that the VIkings didn't offer him that.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Yes if they paid Kirk Cousins and Justin Jefferson a combined $80-85 mil a year, yeah that is a downfall of the organization at least for a few years.

You do know they just signed three starting defensive players for Kirk Cousins yearly wage?  Oh wait they still have $8 mil left so potentially could sign 4-5 starters for his one wage.  Granted they might not all hit but if they do they will be greatly better off long term.  

I guess we'll see if that happens with the Chiefs, considering that in 2025, they'll be paying Mahomes, Kelce and Jones a combined $113M between the 3 of them.

I'll always root for Kirk. It's hard not to. I think for a while he was treated poorly by the media, but more recently got the recognition that he deserves.

And I respect the heck out of him for the money he's made in his career. What a businessman!

But, that's just too much money. If we were talking about Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen it's different. Cousins is a top 10 QB getting paid like the top QB in the league. 

I wish him the best for Kirko Chainz in Atlanta except when we play them. 

Now, it's time to move on. Skol!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'll always root for Kirk. It's hard not to. I think for a while he was treated poorly by the media, but more recently got the recognition that he deserves.

And I respect the heck out of him for the money he's made in his career. What a businessman!

But, that's just too much money. If we were talking about Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen it's different. Cousins is a top 10 QB getting paid like the top QB in the league. 

Reality is the odds are stacked against us that we will actually draft a QB better than Kirk. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Respect?  Football is a game correct? 

I know my head can be thick at times, but I am trying to understand your point here, and I am just not getting it.

Frankly, Ozzy, the way you tend to express yourself makes me want to skip over your posts.  But, as you took the time to write and share your thoughts, the respectful thing to do would be to at least read them.  That being said, the more you write in a post the more confused I am about what you are saying.  Sometimes your posts remind me of a Jackson Pollack painting, only using words instead of paint drips and splashes.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's what y'all said last contract. Prices are going up 

• Like 3