Brissett starting Week 17

naptownskinsfan

I don't agree with this.  I would give Howell a chance to get back on his feet.  But I am sure looking forward to some reporter asking Rivera if he again regrets not having a real QB competition this offseason?

While we all know this is an indictment on Rivera himself that doesn't really matter.  What does matter is that this essentially submarines howell as a possibility for the future.  He likely gets himself another opportunity eventually for circumstances like injury, but he surely won't be considered as potentially competing for the starting spot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Grant Paulsen 

Ron Rivera has named Jacoby Brissett his starting QB for Sunday’s game against SF.

Completely predictable and equally as preposterous in Week 17 of a lost season. Rivera spent months claiming Howell was the long-term answer only to detonate any chance of that in December.

Zero upside to this decision. Many folks around the league in disbelief.

Totally agree!  Horrible decision but not surprised since that’s all he’s made since being here.

Yep, for once I'm in full agreement with Grant here.

Player personnel moves by RR have been an abomination his whole tenure here, along with the way he coaches. 
Makes you so mad that he’s still here because you want to see some positive progress to change this 30 years full of disgust, disappointment and mediocrity. 
Venting is good and healthy for you. 😀

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Player personnel moves by RR have been an abomination his whole tenure here, along with the way he coaches. 
Makes you so mad that he’s still here because you want to see some positive progress to change this 30 years full of disgust, disappointment and mediocrity. 
Venting is good and healthy for you. 😀

Yep & what makes me even more upset is when you get on Twitter and some people say Rivera should be moved up to the front office bc he's doing a good job as a GM.

I'm like WTF have you been watching? He's been worse at that then as a HC & that's saying a hell of a lot! 😂 

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

At this point, who cares. Would have been interesting to see Jacoby Brisett start week 1. Ron and EB might still have jobs. 

Not sure even a veteran like Brisket could make it through the whole year behind that abomination of an offensive line, complete with both coordinators who struggled to call plays all year. 

15 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Nah. Heinicke 100% said he thought he was coming back and intended to and the Falcons made a last minute better offer. 

He might say the right things but I don’t believe he ever had any intentions of playing for Rivera again. I mean, he basically said no thank you to playing the last game of the season Rivera pissed him off so much. I don’t think there was anyway he was coming back to play for Rivera.