2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

We could sign one of the remaining solid fa cbs and a solid guard and that would be fine. But I do admit I was hoping for something sooner. We have no idea if it's the front office or if it's the players. I'm sure that they HAVE contacted players.👍

• Like 2

Best remaining FAs of the top 101 per NFL.com:

• Stephon Gilmore
  • Justin Simmons
  • Calais Campbell
  • Connor Williams
  • Steven Nelson
  • Adoree' Jackson
  • Ryan Tannehill
  • Odell Beckham
  • J.K. Dobbins
  • Tyler Boyd
  • Micah Hyde
  • Teair Tart
  • Andrus Peat
  • Ahkello Witherspoon
  • Emmanuel Ogbah
  • Donovan Smith
  • Dalton Risner
  • Michael Thomas

8 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

We could sign one of the remaining solid fa cbs and a solid guard and that would be fine. But I do admit I was hoping for something sooner. We have no idea if it's the front office or if it's the players. I'm sure that they HAVE contacted players.👍

After the draft teams always cut players so the Raiders can get a better or cheaper player, hopefully both.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2024 at 4:53 PM, Geezy said:

how many signings were there that made you wish it was us that paid that player that much? We plugged a gaping hole with one of the best at the position. We have a couple positions that need addressing that we may be able to handle in the draft, whatever we miss on there is still money left over. I appreciate the more measured approach as opposed to coming out guns blazing, over spending on middle of the pack type players. 

I dont think it’s necessarily the players that were signed by others but personally I’d be a bit more relaxed if we’d have signed a guy like Risner at OG and maybe a CB or Slit WR over the last week or so after the big money had gone and before the draft so we didn’t tip our hand and go into the draft with obvious holes. It’s not dire and a deal breaker of course, and maybe there’s a plan afoot that we simply don’t know, but I’d just feel a little more comfortable especially as we’re not talking top dollar free agents at this point in FA.

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2024 at 10:40 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Best remaining FAs of the top 101 per NFL.com:

• Stephon Gilmore
  • Justin Simmons
  • Calais Campbell
  • Connor Williams
  • Steven Nelson
  • Adoree' Jackson
  • Ryan Tannehill
  • Odell Beckham
  • J.K. Dobbins
  • Tyler Boyd
  • Micah Hyde
  • Teair Tart
  • Andrus Peat
  • Ahkello Witherspoon
  • Emmanuel Ogbah
  • Donovan Smith
  • Dalton Risner
  • Michael Thomas

4/6

good free agents remaining 

RB: JK Dobbins 

WR: Tyler Boyd, DJ Chark, Michael Thomas, Odell Beckham, Hunter Renfrow, MVS

TE: Logan Thomas 

T: David Bakhtiari, DJ Humpries,  Donovan Smith, Andrus Peat, Charles Leno, Mekhi Becton 

G: Dalton Risner, Greg Van Roten, Matt Feiler, Mark Glowinski, Laken Tomlinson, Phil Haynes 

Center: Conor Williams 

DE: Emmanuel Ogbah, Calais Campbell, Jerry Hughes, Carl Lawson, Rasheem Green, Dawuane Smoot, Marquis Haynes, Tyus Bowser

DT: Teair Tart, Marlon Davidson

LB: Zach Cunningham, Isaiah Simmons

CB: Ahkello Witherspoon, Adoree Jackson, Stephon Gillmore , Steven Nelson, Xavien Howard , Levi Wallace, Rock Ya Sin, JC Jackson 

S: Justin Simmons, Quandre Diggs, John Johnson, Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye 

I would be interest in any of those guys after the comp pick formula is over

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 4/5/2024 at 10:28 AM, Devilshark69 said:

I think we have hit the test the market phase. After the dust settles and money dries up. The next wave will begin. We’re playing it close to the vest and not over spending and I’m ok with that 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

When is the comp formula over? I think that will will add a couple vets for cheap 

I'm not sure. Probably at least until the regular season. The rules governing comp picks are written in legaleese in the CBA.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

When is the comp formula over? I think that will will add a couple vets for cheap 

Last year it ended on May 2nd after the draft, so it's probably about the same this year.

36 minutes ago, Angleae said:

I'm not sure. Probably at least until the regular season. The rules governing comp picks are written in legaleese in the CBA.

After the draft, beginning in May if you go by last year. Then free agents signed no longer count against the comp formula.

2 hours ago, Angleae said:

OTC has us getting a 6th & 7th at best.

Jacobs having a big year could be huge for us, Elu and Amik winning starting jobs as well. Hall has a good chance at winning the NB job. We won't really know until the end of the season.

49 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Jacobs having a big year could be huge for us, Elu and Amik winning starting jobs as well. Hall has a good chance at winning the NB job. We won't really know until the end of the season.

How well the ones we lost do this year is irrelevant. The only thing that counts for us is how much they made last year and what percent of snaps they took last year. Jacobs is a 5th(canceled by Wilkins), Nichols is a 6th(cancelled by Minshew), Elu is also a 6th, Amik & Hooper are 7th (one cancelled by Bryant)

• Like 1