2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Has anyone heard any rumors about a #1 Cb being disgruntled and wanting out from their team?  I remember during the offseason there was talk about Lattimore and J Alexander not being happy and potentially wanting out.  I feel like either of those two would make this D significantly better.  We have been lacking a true #1 Cb for nearly two decades and feel like a young, stud CB would do wonders.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Has anyone heard any rumors about a #1 Cb being disgruntled and wanting out from their team?  I remember during the offseason there was talk about Lattimore and J Alexander not being happy and potentially wanting out.  I feel like either of those two would make this D significantly better.  We have been lacking a true #1 Cb for nearly two decades and feel like a young, stud CB would do wonders.  

Rumors are that Lattimore wants a new contract and the Saints are cash strapped due to all the salary tricks Mickey Loomis been playing for over a decade now 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Rumors are that Lattimore wants a new contract and the Saints are cash strapped due to all the salary tricks Mickey Loomis been playing for over a decade now 

If we would have to pay him around 20 per year I think I would pass. He's soon to be 29 and has a history of injury concerns.  I will say that when he is healthy he is a shutdown #1.

I wonder what the Saints would take for him?  A 3rd considering age, injury history and him wanting a big contract.  We really need to draft a lockdown #1, which is something I have been saying for two decades.  Unfortunately, when our idiotic front office selects a CB in round 1 they suck...

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I always assumed it was Jaire or Lattimore personally. Both had rumors of wanting bigger money and trades. 

22 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I always assumed it was Jaire or Lattimore personally. Both had rumors of wanting bigger money and trades. 

Of the two I would prefer Alexander over Lattimore based on the fact he's a year younger.  Both are top 10 CB's when healthy but both have had issues staying on the field. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Because he sucks at football

Lol what? 

For his role, he was perfectly fine until McDaniels came along. Year 1 to2 to 3 he got better. Yes, in 2021 we peppered him with targets, and he was very effective with them despite his physical limitations. 

Once Adams came on board in 2022, everyone was taking a back seat because we figured a healthy Adams and Waller was the $. Renfrow is best as a 3rd WR in rotation, and thus Mack Hollins was given the opportunity to be the 2.

Renfrow ended 2022 with 36 catches, 330 yards and 2 TDs in 10 games, fine numbers considering he was behind Adams, Waller, Hollins, and Moreau in pecking order, and very good numbers considering Josh McDaniels' utter reliance on Tom Brady to look remotely passable was put on full display from start to finish. 

Last year, I firmly believe he checked out mentally, and I don't blame him. McDaniels shouldn't have lasted beyond 2022, giving him half of 2023 was an act of absolute charity. Renfrow was one of the few holdovers left that watched our offense go from one of the better ones in the league to absolute trash while the star TE, QB, and RB were alienated by the manchild HC nobody wanted, that was hell bent on recreating a Patriots club, allowing Jimmy to throw homicide balls for 6 weeks and then trotting Bryan ***** Hoyee out there. I'd check out too. 

There were rumblings he was also in McDaniels' doghouse, which means absolutely zilch to me. If I already had $10 million banked + getting another $11.5 for last year being paid, I would've walked off the field after week 1 and told McDaniels to shove his Patriot Way and Jimmy up his ***, consequences be damned. 

Dude has an injury history and physical limitations, but he certainly doesn't suck at ball. He's either rehabbing a nagging injury or he's waiting for the right deal and prefers to play for a contender. Justin Simmons wasn't signed until like yesterday, not being signed yet is hardly an indictment. Someone will sign him amd get a very solid depth WR, or he'll sit out altogether and 32 professional football franchises will be worse off for it. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Renfrow praise on here was unreal

Lol

On 12/30/2021 at 7:00 AM, NYRaider said:

Hunter really has been amazing this season and has earned legendary status for the franchise. Even if he never played again I think he will always be a fan favorite and deservedly so. We lost Gruden followed by our two best receiving options, was it guys like Bryan Edwards or Zay Jones that stepped up? Nope. It was Renfrow

On 1/1/2022 at 7:33 AM, NYRaider said:

Renfrow has been so good for us that even if we did move on for some strange reason, I'd still wear his jersey.

On 1/3/2022 at 8:59 AM, NYRaider said:

If I get a jersey anytime soon it's going to be a Renfrow jersey. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Yep, the renfrow love on here was unreal alright.....🤣....thank you dessie, this is PRICELESS!!!!!!! "I can neither confirm or deny that sir."......"I have no recollection of that sir.".......👍🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1