2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If he would take the vet minimum on a one year deal with a second year team option then I’d take it. Have the Broncos pay him while we beat their *****. But he needs to come here with the understanding that he’s now a nobody trying to claw his way back to relevancy. He isn’t here to cook. He’s here to be quiet, keep his head down, and play. This isn’t me saying shut up and play. It’s me saying we don’t need him messing up the chemistry on our team.

He also needs to be aware of the fact that he’s here to help prep AOC and hopefully a rookie for the future. Then I’d sign him. If he isn’t okay with all that, then no thanks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

If he would take the vet minimum on a one year deal with a second year team option then I’d take it. Have the Broncos pay him while we beat their *****. But he needs to come here with the understanding that he’s now a nobody trying to claw his way back to relevancy. He isn’t here to cook. He’s here to be quiet, keep his head down, and play. This isn’t me saying shut up and play. It’s me saying we don’t need him messing up the chemistry on our team.

He also needs to be aware of the fact that he’s here to help prep AOC and hopefully a rookie for the future. Then I’d sign him. If he isn’t okay with all that, then no thanks.

He's reportedly said he's not interested in being a bridge QB and wants commitment.

And someone is going to have to explain to me how Wilson, who bombed in Hackett's offense is going to succeed in Getsy's offense when it's the same offense. They were both with the Packers. 

Wilson can't read the middle of the field. And can't work a timing based offense. It would be a disaster. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Why did that same team sign Mitchell Trubisky and draft Kenny Pickett in the first round?

Trubisky was a stop(see how much he got paid) Kenny Pickett was a hometown hero(I know that wasn't gonna work). Though I will say that I was interested in seeing what he would've done with Arthur Smith at OC

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Trubisky was a stop(see how much he got paid) Kenny Pickett was a hometown hero(I know that wasn't gonna work). Though I will say that I was interested in seeing what he would've done with Arthur Smith at OC

But why would a great organization that has the record for winning seasons and been successful for decades invest into QB's that can't play???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's reportedly said he's not interested in being a bridge QB and wants commitment.

And someone is going to have to explain to me how Wilson, who bombed in Hackett's offense is going to succeed in Getsy's offense when it's the same offense. They were both with the Packers. 

Wilson can't read the middle of the field. And can't work a timing based offense. It would be a disaster. 

Russell Wilson has a massive ego and that's why most of his former teammates and coaches dislike him. There's no way he's going to accept anything less than a team committing to him as their starter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

But why would a great organization that has the record for winning seasons and been successful for decades invest into QB's that can't play???

They lucked into Ben Roethlisberger's longevity. He was really pretty good for a looooong time. 

But without him, I don't think Pittsburgh falls into the long term success category. 

It's sort of like New England- without Brady, how good were some of those Pats teams really? Bill gained a lot of years on Tom's back. Mike Tomlin gained a lot of years on Ben's. 

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

They lucked into Ben Roethlisberger's longevity. He was really pretty good for a looooong time. 

But without him, I don't think Pittsburgh falls into the long term success category. 

It's sort of like New England- without Brady, how good were some of those Pats teams really? Bill gained a lot of years on Tom's back. Mike Tomlin gained a lot of years on Ben's. 

It's just funny to see people suggest that because a franchise has been successful they're immune from making mistakes. To Tomlin's credit he has been able to keep the team competitive the last two years while their offense has been a mess but they don't seem to be the best organization at evaluating QB talent. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

But Tomlin has still found ways to win without Ben these last couple of years, I mean sure he needs a good QB to get to the next level but somehow he still gets to the playoffs and a winning record.

Edited by raidr4life

11 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

But Tomlin has still found ways to win without Ben these last couple of years, I mean sure he needs a good QB to get to the next level but somehow he still gets to the playoffs and a winning record.

Ben was only super mid his last year