2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

These dudes don't know nothing, ton of guys they project end up on one year deals.

We just saw 5 DT get $21-24M APY last off-season. I don't see how he's taking less than 24M. He's the only premier IDL on the market and like half the league can afford to pay him,

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We just saw 5 DT get $21-24M APY last off-season. I don't see how he's taking less than 24M. He's the only premier IDL on the market and like half the league can afford to pay him,

He ain't getting more than Jones

I think we need to be careful. While getting a genuine game wrecking DT has been very high on my list for some time, I wound want us to slip back into the habit of going out and spending prohibitively big on FA.

History tells us that path doesn’t tend to lead somewhere good!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Assuming our cuts, etc get us to like $80M in cap space my final wish list (pff contract projections):

Resign

John Jenkins - 1 yr/$1.1M

Adam Butler - 1 yr/$3.3M

Josh Jacobs - 1 yr/$10M

Greg Van Rotten - 1 yr/$1.75M

Free Agents

Leonard Williams - 3 yr/$52M

Devin White - 1 yr/$7M

Adoree Jackson - 1 yr/$5M

Jon Runyan - 3 yr/$18M

Mechki Becton - 1 yr/$5M

Javon Kinlaw - 1 yr/$5M

Graham Glasgow - 2 yr/$12M

Mike Gesicki - 1 yr/$2M

Noah Brown - 1 yr/$3M

No need for Jenkins if we sign Kinlaw imo although I prefer Grover Stewart but that is dependant on the price.

I’d rather save the JJ money and get Singletary/Dobbins and put it to get a Stewart or a guard like Lewis. Runyan was benched last year and is an average pass blocker. 

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mike Tomlin is 51 years old 

Bill Bellichick was on an NFL coaching staff for the last 44 years straight.  

Dude has been the head coach and GM for the most successful franchise in Sandler History over the last two decades plus. And we can’t ignore that Bill the GM was really the reason that Bill the HC career ended in New England. 

To ignore decades of success, third most wins ever, most Super Bowl appearances , most Super Bowl wins and say Tomlin is better because he’s currently employed is insane.

That still doesn't answer the question 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don't care what he get he not resetting the market or getting more per year than Jones. Which is what really matters right. So the only question is will Wilkins get slightly more or slightly less than Madubuike, like I said from the very beginning.

Edited by raidr4life

16 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

So the only question is will Wilkins get slightly more or slightly less than Madubuike, like I said from the very beginning.

Something close, and probably more, because he has simply proved it more. 

The Justin Fields trade market is really interesting. I know at first you wouldn’t consider the Raiders with Getsy a spot for Fields but I think it has more of a shot at happening then the Raiders trading up into the top 3 maybe even top 6. 

Obviously the compensation won’t be as high as they expected. I think he will eventually get traded for a 4th that can turn into a 3rd round pick with certain conditions. 

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I don't care what he get he not resetting the market or getting more per year than Jones. Which is what really matters right. So the only question is will Wilkins get slightly more or slightly less than Madubuike, like I said from the very beginning.

I said 4 yr/$100M lol