2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

57 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

I'm pretty happy that alot of our FAs are getting sign elsewhere. Give me those comp picks!

I think we'll be lucky to get much after the enormous Wilk contract, not to mention Minshew's isn't small either. 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's a really formidable line.  Still think they suck (because they're the freaking Jaguars).  Trevor Lawrence is mid.  I'm surprised he isn't talked about more as being a huge reach.  I remember when he went into college the hype was insane.  Won it all his freshman year and then couldn't do it again.  Now he's just another Derek Carr.

3 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Cmon bro, don't crush my hopes lol.

What we really needed to get picks was for Graham and Kelly to get hired for promotions. 

The 49ers have been cheesing that new system and are constantly getting mid rounders.

• Like 1

25ish mil in cap space + 24m after June 2 sees us up nicely for draft cap needed and ability for late signings/trades during camp/preseason.. I think we can still come out with a couple more starters in the next week or 2.. would like to see at least one OL added at either G or T that is starter quality - Tyron Smith, DJ Humphries, Connor Williams, Zeitler, Risner + a CB opposite JJones whether it’s Adoree, Owunzie, Howard, Nelson, White.. Even with 2 from these groups listed, that should still leave us with 5-7 mil for another vet LB or DE.. 

I truly thought we'd be more active in free agency at this point. Especially with Telesco publicly stating he'd need to lean on free agency a bit more in year 1.

But, an elite DT, a backup QB and a backup TE is all we have to show this far? We've lost 6 players to free agency, all of them being players who players considerable snaps if not starters. Then we've released another 5 players, other than Hoyer and Jimmy, Tillery Renfrow and Hooper all were contributors. 

We've lost a lot of snaps and are relegated to replacing them with rookies or after thought free agents. Would have liked to see us sign one or two decent talents the last few days to make me feel more comfortable