2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

On 3/20/2024 at 10:42 AM, Darbsk said:

Yeh, Facyson might be a decent CB and we seemed to specifically target him in FA last year with a view to being a starting CB. I’m not counting him as a starter as he was out basically all year but if he can be a starter that’s a bonus. We can always use that money to front load some deals and give us more freedom in future, always good to be prudent like that as you’ll always end up with dead cap and wasted money somewhere.

I can see Being better with the improved pass rush

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

3/23 starting level players who can help out the team:

RG: Andrus Peat, Greg Van Roten, Dalton Risner, Cody Whitehair, Gabe Jackson, Phil Haynes, Laken Tominilson, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Matt Feiler, Mark Glowinski -

Thoughts: we have a serious lack of talent at guard. We have one starting level guard, and I doubt we draft 3 more guards to fill out the depth. 

RT: Mekhi Becton , Chris Hubbard, Andre Dillard, Cameron Fleming, Kendall Lamm, Chuma Edoga

Thoughts: I think Munford is going be a good starting RT. I think it would be wise to bring in a vet for competition and loser play the swing tackle role. A few posters high on Wagner and FLuker, but both are end of the roster guys. If Munford is the man at RT, then a vet is a good compliment. 

LB: Isaiah Simmons, Kyle Van Noy, Mykal Walker, Krys Barnes, Kwon Alexander, Zach Cunningham -

Thoughts: could use more talent in the unit 

CB: Adoree Jackson, Xavien Howard, Steven Nelson, Ahkello Witherspoon, Levi Wallace, Darney Holmes, Fabian Moreau, Tre Herndon, Rock Ya Sin, JC Jackson 

Thoughts: Fracyson might be a fine starter, but competition and more talent should be welcomed. These guys would be cheap at this point too

Edited by Humble_Beast

Posted (edited)

this an outside the box ideas but I want this guy: Lavishka Shenault- could thrive as a 3rd down RB- built like a back at 6'2 225 - would have plus receiver skills as a RB- could be use all over the field - would be cheap at this point. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Thoughts: I think Munford is going be a good starting RT. I think it would be wise to bring in a vet for competition and loser play the swing tackle role. A few posters high on Wagner and FLuker, but both are end of the roster guys. If Munford is the man at RT, then a vet is a good compliment. 

Isn't Getsy's run game heavy on outside zone, which I don't think Munford is a great fit for + if Telesco mentioning Munford at either T of G means anything they might have already considered this (aware that moving to G is considered to be why he fell in the draft)

It's also difficult without knowing what the staff think of Fluker, I think they will prioritise RT between rounds 1-3 and then either add a vet late in FA or a mid round G to compete 🤔

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ryno said:

Isn't Getsy's run game heavy on outside zone, which I don't think Munford is a great fit for + if Telesco mentioning Munford at either T of G means anything they might have already considered this (aware that moving to G is considered to be why he fell in the draft)

It's also difficult without knowing what the staff think of Fluker, I think they will prioritise RT between rounds 1-3 and then either add a vet late in FA or a mid round G to compete 🤔

I just would like to be more talented and have depth like the DL. Plenty of good value guys are being snatched up. We only have 4 NFL caliber lineman when we should have like 8-10. I don't think we are going to add that many during the draft. Probably draft 2 OL, maybe 3 max

*Fluker hasnt played in a NFL game since 2019. He can surprise, but is a long shot

Edited by Humble_Beast

I'm hoping we're planning to extend Koonce before the season. He is so good and you can't let young edge rushers walk EVER. I think keeping young talent at these premium positions is the most important thing to building and sustaining success.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm hoping we're planning to extend Koonce before the season. He is so good and you can't let young edge rushers walk EVER. I think keeping young talent at these premium positions is the most important thing to building and sustaining success.

Agreed - I would add Nate Hobbs as a key piece at a critical position. Can’t let guys like that hit the open market. I’m guessing early Summer and during training camp we will start to see some of those dominos fall. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I really wish we would kick the tires on Adoree Jackson instead of waiting on Tre White. Sure, he is coming off a down year but the Giants were trash. I think he can bounce back and have a career year behind our DL. He played under Graham, and still is only 28.

Edited by Humble_Beast

44 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

He played under Graham, and still is only 28.

Kinda makes you wonder if that right there is why we haven’t shown any interest.  You’d think if Graham thought highly of him we would’ve made some sort of effort by now. 

7 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Kinda makes you wonder if that right there is why we haven’t shown any interest.  You’d think if Graham thought highly of him we would’ve made some sort of effort by now. 

His missed tackles tripled year-over-year (three to nine), his 13.0 receiving yards allowed per catch was tied for the worst mark of his career, and his completion percentage allowed jumped 14 percent. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

That’s true. Could be a nice value signing and set up a good CB battle 

• Like 1