2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Malik Jefferson with a 4.53. Late first rd, maybe. 

His instincts are so very bad though. I really wouldn't want anything to do with him. We always knew he was an athlete, so the combine doesn't really move the needle for me with him. But he seems so lost on the field sometimes. 

Just now, Forge said:

His instincts are so very bad though. I really wouldn't want anything to do with him. We always knew he was an athlete, so the combine doesn't really move the needle for me with him. But he seems so lost on the field sometimes. 

The arrogance of coaches in thinking they can coach his brain up, though. THEY LOVES THE SPEEEEEEEEEEED! :P

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Roquan Smith with a 4.52

Perfectly good time, just funny how it pales in comparison to Edmunds (slightly slower, but a little bigger),  Griffin and Carter. These are some fast linebackers. 

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Vander Esch with a solid 4.66. At 6'5, 256 thats very impressive. Still question his ability to be a Mike at the next level but he's another guy who could be the answer@SAM.

What are your concerns about him being a Mike? I see his bigger issue being a Will and to a lesser extent SAM. But I see him as a Mike. 

15 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Still a big Andrews fan and he did nothing to disappoint today. 4.67 for a guy his size is crazy and he looked fluid in all drills. Gesicki is a intriguing prospect though his inability to block is a big turn-off for me.

Yep, Andrews looked really good - and much bigger than Gesicki

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

What are your concerns about him being a Mike? I see his bigger issue being a Will and to a lesser extent SAM. But I see him as a Mike. 

I question his instincts and ability to get off blocks consistently. Everyone raves about his bowl game but he has some tape where he seems lost diagnosing plays and didnt get off blocks well. 

22 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

So is Shaq going to be playing pro ball someday soon with a prosthetic? do they make those as functional enough at this point that he can be a viable 2 hander? Hard to believe he can effectively tackle or fight off blocks as would be most ideally desired by coaches. 

( not trying to sound like an insensitive jerk, or anything) I just hadn't put a ton of thought into this.. because I'm not all that able to think that much anymores )

As far as functionality, I'd think it would be like playing with a cast. I don't remember clearly but Patrick Willis played with a cast when he was injured and how much it affected his play. 

Functionally there's going to be limitations of course, but I honestly don't see it as a deal breaker. I don't know too much about Griffin, but think it's gonna give him more motivation too and those types are always the ones you want on the team.

30 minutes ago, the-catch said:

As far as functionality, I'd think it would be like playing with a cast. I don't remember clearly but Patrick Willis played with a cast when he was injured and how much it affected his play. 

Functionally there's going to be limitations of course, but I honestly don't see it as a deal breaker. I don't know too much about Griffin, but think it's gonna give him more motivation too and those types are always the ones you want on the team.

I wonder if a ref would dare calling a holding penalty on him...

My biggest disappointment of the LB group today has been Okoronkwo, who I was looking forward to watching out there. I know there's a difference between running in shorts and game tape, but as a tool to compare these guys athletically, he simply looked slower than others. I thought he could be a Sam that moves to Leo on passing downs, but after today, I think he's a situational pass rusher, and not a three downs player. 

Archived