2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

36 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Hi

We're voting on the Niners pick at 9, it would be great to have your thoughts and votes. 

Cheers

GFW

I'm surprised that edmunds is above roquan in that poll. I have little doubt that lynch would take roquan over edmunds if given the chance. 

On 2/16/2018 at 2:01 PM, N4L said:

I'm surprised that edmunds is above roquan in that poll. I have little doubt that lynch would take roquan over edmunds if given the chance. 

Why? Edmunds is more versatile, potentially has more upside. Kid is only 19 years old right now, I think. Can play multiple linebacker spots in multiple schemes.  Roquan no doubt comes with a higher immediate starting point, but he's restricted almost solely to WILL. Can't shed blocks. Really just a case of pick your poison. 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm good with moving down to Buffalo's pick. Great chance to pick Wynn, Key, Evans, etc

Problem is that I read a story just like tis about how Chicago should trade back from 8 to pick up extra picks since they took their QB last year.  On paper it looks like Buffalo should have no concerns about Chicago taking a QB and so might be happy to trade with us.  But they do need to worry about some other team jumping them by moving up to 8. So if Chicago is interested in a trade back it would seem a lot more likely that buffalo works out a deal with them rather than us.

Just saw a mock that had Josh Jackson and Billy Price going back to back to Buffalo at 21/22.  Would love to swap 9 or 10 for those two picks. Of course I like a lot of guys that will likely be there in that 21/22 range - Evans, Sutton, Guice, Wynn, Davenport, Key, maybe Ward falls, or Edwarrds, even more. Would love that trade back if it's possible.

One receiver who will make a big jump up draft boards with a good combine workout is Marcell Ateman of Oklahoma State. Coming off a career campaign, Ateman grades as a third-round selection on our board but could rise into the draft’s initial 45 picks with good testing results in Indianapolis. What exactly does “good” mean?

We’re talking a 40-yard dash under 4.45 -- he was estimated with a 4.6 40 by scouts entering the season -- and a vertical jump over 40 inches. I’m told he can hit 42 inches.

I’m told the receiver-needy San Francisco 49ers are one of several teams high on Ateman.

Tony Pauline. 

Archived