Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Hopefully they screw it up. Have some historic draft capital to work with lately 

I would take the rookie qb at 1 and try to hit the home run. 

But I think keeping fields and building with the picks they can get for 1... could be more annoying for the packers.

Jones was running more routes split out wide last season. Definitely keeping those snaps down, and with the emergence of so many wideouts less needed. I expect a little more of it over the coming few weeks tbh. 

Dillon has done a good job as a pass catcher, serving well as a dump off outlet. I am not sure how they are stabilizing the broken thumb last week, just had gloves on. 

Kind of apples and oranges usage that receptions and yards dont really capture. 

21 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Jones was running more routes split out wide last season. Definitely keeping those snaps down, and with the emergence of so many wideouts less needed. I expect a little more of it over the coming few weeks tbh.

Why? Why wouldnt they keep doing whats being successful? Especially with a all WR/TE's on deck.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Why? Why wouldnt they keep doing whats being successful? Especially with a all WR/TE's on deck.

He is getting healthier every week and MLF loves wrinkles that make him look smart. 

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

Hard to match prior passing game use when jones is only in a portion of the snaps on the season.  From 2019 to 2022, jones averaged around 600 snap per year.  2023, jones is at 305 snaps with 1 game to play.  So jones is going to be about 60% of his previous average in snaps.  Yet his targets in those prior 4 years averaged around 69 per season and in 2023 he is at 38 targets with 1 game to go. So pretty similar in % difference in snaps and targets mostly due to jones injuries in 2023

Nonsense.  Jones is just going to play 295 snaps this game.  I thought you were smarter than that, Squire.

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Nonsense.  Jones is just going to play 295 snaps this game.  I thought you were smarter than that, Squire.

if GB can get that many plays of offense, it will be a glorious day!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

But I think keeping fields and building with the picks they can get for 1... could be more annoying for the packers.

I honestly think there is a way to make either work.  If they have a draft like 2023, the Bears are here to stay for a while.  Whether we like it or not.  They have a pretty good set of pass catchers, an OL that is coming around, and a pretty good defense.

I would prefer they kept Fields, because they say that Williams is a can't miss prospect.  But either way, I think they will be pretty good for quite a while.

Great news about Jenkins. Never doubted Preston. Guessing McDuffie and Ford will be "out" and Dillon will either be questionable or doubtful. 

Hopefully this was a planned day off for Watson. 

If you told me before week one that I wouldn’t really care if Watson played or not in a playoff win-and-in week 17 game, I would have thought you were insane.  But, if Wicks and Reed are for sure going, it doesn’t worry me at all if Watson is still out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Why? What do you see as Fields ceiling? 

Caleb Williams ceiling is probably Patrick Mahomes. Fields is probably Randall Cunningham. 

2 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

If you told me before week one that I wouldn’t really care if Watson played or not in a playoff win-and-in week 17 game, I would have thought you were insane.  But, if Wicks and Reed are for sure going, it doesn’t worry me at all if Watson is still out. 

Even if does play, I think he's a "package" guy this week. Doubs, Reed and Wicks are the core. 

2 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

The offense is just different when he's in the game. It stretches the defense and opens up so many throws underneath. It gives MLF the ability to create so many match up nightmares too. Especially with the emergence of Kraft since Musgrave has been out.

i just don't think the Bears can stop us with a full complement of our skilled position buys unless they just dominate the LOS. 

IF Newman plays, there is a chance of that happening. 

Jones, Watson and Reed are the upper tier playmakers on offense.  would be interesting to see when 2 of the 3 are playing, how the offense looks.  I don't think they have all played in many/any games without some sort of snap limitations based on injury