Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

Playing meaningful games at the end of the season was my bar for this season to be considered successful.  Now I want a win vs CHI, but everything that happens from here is gravy.  If GB can find a DC to stabilize the defense, this team is setup nicely to make a legit SB run over the next few seasons.

• Like 7

I honestly feel exactly the same about this game as I did with week 1.  No outcome would completely surprise me.  I guess I have a lot more faith in Love now. But every player has game to game variances and he could just randomly throw up a stinker. 

Not having actually watched any of this Bear’s resurgence, I don’t know if it is all smoke and mirrors or it’s genuine. 

And the Packers defense has straight up been putrid in 3 of the last 4 games.  Did it just take a week more of practicing the more aggressive style to translate to Sundays?   Was the one good week just a Jaren Hall-fueled illusion? 

How will all these guys returning simultaneously affect the team?  At full strength, sure, the return of Musgrave(presumably), Watson, Campbell, Jaire should be a boon.  But are they really full strength.  Would we have been better off just resting them all some more and just going with what’s been working?  Could really see that all blowing up in our face.  At least the Oline looks to be intact.  

Lots of questions and I have no real answers. 

• Like 1

If Watson plays, will be interesting to see what Packers do on game day WR wise. They typically activate 5 WRs so if Watson suits up, and you have Doubs, Reed and Wicks as locks, that's 4. Heath gets a good amount of snaps due to his blocking. That leaves Melton, who is hot right now...

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Right on time. 

Elevated Dubose?? Seems odd. Could mean no Watson...

Possibly. Also might mean he can play a role on ST including as a returner. Toure lost his chance there last week and with Reed and Wicks banged up we don’t want them back there.  I feel like Melton has the speed and toughness to be a good player on specials but he isn’t the biggest guy. 

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Possibly. Also might mean he can play a role on ST including as a returner. Toure lost his chance there last week and with Reed and Wicks banged up we don’t want them back there.  I feel like Melton has the speed and toughness to be a good player on specials but he isn’t the biggest guy. 

I'd be pretty surprised if they dressed 7 WRs even with some of the guys banged up. My guess is this is insurance for Watson in case they decide not to activate him. 

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Right on time. 

Elevated Dubose?? Seems odd. Could mean no Watson...

Yeah, with IRing Toure, that makes a ton of sense, no Watson. Which is disappointing and odd. The indications earlier in the week was he was trending towards a go. 

It could also be they elevated him as a precaution and could make him inactive, I guess?