Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

9 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

My concern is Fields running.   Some of space this team gives up in the middle of the field will have Fields licking his chops to run.  Need to have a controlled pash rush.  Keeping him in the pocket and let him throw.  Can't let him run wild on us.  

I'm slightly worried about this.

With our "lesser" corners, we play a lot more zone.  Eyes on the QB.

I'd be much more worried if we were at full health at the corner position and decided to play more man coverage.

I feel like if Fields is to beat us with his feet, and he may do that, it will be because he is slipping a lot of tackles, not just running free.

Lions coming into Lambeau last year were a better team than this Bears team, but you know them and their coaching staff are gonna pull out all the stops regardless. Gotta be ready for trick plays....Bears definitely gonna break something out in this matchup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

MLF has been more than happy to abandon the running game in the past.  

We can easily defeat ourselves, let's not get cocky.

Yes, I like/love the offense right now.  But let's not sit there and pretend that a defense like the Ravens or anyone else couldn't stop us.

Let's just focus on doing what we need to do to beat the Bears at home, regardless of what is on the line.  It's Bear week.  And that is always a big week.

The Bears defense is no joke since they got Sweat. Not gonna lie, but we get Watson, Doubs and Wicks back, plus Reed healthy enough to go, I'm betting on us dropping 30 on them, maybe more. 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

It is kinda funny in a good way that most former Packers players use "us" and "we".   Charles Woodson will say "my Packers" when he is discussing the Packers on FOX.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Well.....

I thought he did say that he wanted to be traded, specifically to the Jets.  

I do find it interesting that Rodgers keeps up with GB news and players.  And I dig it.  Time ends up healing wounds and sooner or later, #12 will retire and be inducted into our Hall of Fame and the NFL Hall of Fame.  It's nice to know that he still wants to be part of "our" family team and that he follows GB.

I'm critical of some of his play here.  But I've long thought that he was a great ambassador for the Green Bay Packers.  He is and will always be, one of our greats.

On that McAfee show a few weeks ago he said he still has friends in the building and he left amicably.

Edited by Pugger

50 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

You do just fine Leader.  A good mix of added stuff and your own opinions is perfect.  It adds topics for us to discuss.

Topic starters are gold on a Packers board. People need regular fresh stuff to focus their thoughts on.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The Bears defense is no joke since they got Sweat. Not gonna lie, but we get Watson, Doubs and Wicks back, plus Reed healthy enough to go, I'm betting on us dropping 30 on them, maybe more. 

Over the last 7 weeks, Packers have done pretty well at containing opposing elite pass rushers. Only 10 sacks total in those 7 games. 

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This is the game I'd really like to see Alexander get this **** together, grow up and go out there as a real leader. Alexander's best game this season was probably week 1. He wasn't on Moore the entire game but Moore didn't do ****, especially against 23. We need him to bring his game and be part of the team Sunday. 

Not me. I wanna see him be a dawg out there. 

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

Lions coming into Lambeau last year were a better team than this Bears team, but you know them and their coaching staff are gonna pull out all the stops regardless. Gotta be ready for trick plays....Bears definitely gonna break something out in this matchup.

This, and I'm by no means writing the Bears off as in the bag.  But there definitely differences between this year and last.

As you mentioned, Detroit last year was definitely better and had had a good offense all year, just didn't get their defense playing good enough until later and then got going.  And I knew beating them was going to take more than what we had done against Minny the week before.

This Bears team ... Well credit where due they beat a few teams that we failed to like the Raiders and Falcons, but I still got plenty of questions about just how far they've come and whether they're really ready to pass the litmus tests.

Also, we largely lost that game last year because our offense was awful in that red zone, LaFleur blew it with that silly Lazard end around play handing them an easy 3, and old man Rodgers trying to throw in the cold with that broken hand were all bad combinations that came back to bite us.

This year we've had guys stepping up like Melton, Heath and Kraft and Love is in the groove right now.  Barry and the defense do bother me, but the one offense he does seem to keep in the box is the Bears.

Dont forget on his way out rodgers griped about the FO not treating vets right.. to try and sabotage the long term prospects of our culture and FA recruiting.

Arguably this situation with sul, campell, and ja are downstream of that.