1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Buffalo

Balt 

Cle 

KC 

Dallas 

NO

SF

Those are 7 defenses where I wouldn’t even consider hearing an argument against . 

you've got to hear arguments against KC.  That's not a strong defense, more like a whatever, pretty good defense.  Sort of like the Bears.

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Buffalo

Balt 

Cle 

KC 

Dallas 

NO

SF

Those are 7 defenses where I wouldn’t even consider hearing an argument against . 

Here is a better argument. Look at the murderer's row of offensive juggernauts they've played against! LMFAO! The only decent quarterback they held under 30 was Goff. He turned it over 3 times. 

Schedule | The Official Website of the Chicago Bears

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

you've got to hear arguments against KC.  That's not a strong defense, more like a whatever, pretty good defense.  Sort of like the Bears.

KC of previous years, not this. 

21 vs Det 

14 Mia

21 Philly 

20 Buffalo 

17 vs Jacksonville ( I guess some people thought they were good)

46 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

why not?  They are greatly improved since they traded for Montez Sweat at the deadline

Bad value trade considering, but it did really help their team improve this year.

I mean, they've played 1 great offense (and went 1-1 against that team, Detroit) and one 1 good offense (Cleveland with Joe Flacco).  They've played Carolina (31st), Minnesota (22nd), Arizona (24th), and Atlanta (26th) in the last 8 weeks.  They're an improved defense absolutely.  Are they the 7th best defense?  I'd wait until I see them play against a good offense before I'd make that decision.  In the 3 games against good offenses, they've given up on average 21.3 PPG, which would rank in the middle of the NFL in terms of PPG.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

In the 3 games against good offenses, they've given up on average 21.3 PPG, which would rank in the middle of the NFL in terms of PPG.

would it rank in the middle of the NFL in terms of PPG vs good offenses?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Here is a better argument. Look at the murderer's row of offensive juggernauts they've played against! LMFAO! The only decent quarterback they held under 30 was Goff. He turned it over 3 times. 

Schedule | The Official Website of the Chicago Bears

That too. 

You should not use one data point to base your entire opinion on something. It’s not smart at all. 

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That too. 

You should not use one data point to base your entire opinion on something. It’s not smart at all. 

The more I start digging into this Bears hot streak, the more comfortable I become with our chances. I just want all of our guys to play. That happens, we drop a 30 burger on them no problem. 

Today's injury report is going to be interesting to read. 

Does Jaire's "shoulder," start to hurt again? 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The more I start digging into this Bears hot streak, the more comfortable I become with our chances. I just want all of our guys to play. That happens, we drop a 30 burger on them no problem. 

Today's injury report is going to be interesting to read. 

Does Jaire's "shoulder," start to hurt again? 

It’s hard for me to be comfortable with this team. Being so young , consistency is an issue. Mixed that in with injuries , it wouldn’t shock me if we laid an egg (it also wouldn’t shock me if we were unstoppable again) 

And I have zero trust in Barry, obviously. 

Im going to say if Moore doesn’t go off, we win. 

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It’s hard for me to be comfortable with this team. Being so young , consistency is an issue. Mixed that in with injuries , it wouldn’t shock me if we laid an egg (it also wouldn’t shock me if we were unstoppable again) 

And I have zero trust in Barry, obviously. 

Im going to say if Moore doesn’t go off, we win. 

Yeah, he's truly a beast! Good news, Justin Fields is the one throwing to him. Every pass is an adventure with him. 

I see the rhythm this offense has gotten into the last several weeks. I don't see that changing. Aaron Jones healthy makes this offense so different.

Your point about Barry is 100%! 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Buffalo

Balt 

Cle 

KC 

Dallas 

NO

SF

The Bears defense stops the run (1st in the NFL in yards per game allowed) and tries to make teams one dimensional. They also lead the NFL in interceptions and 3rd in total takeaways. They have grown and are playing very well as a unit as the season has played out. 

They will be a hard team to put long drive together against, no TO's for the Packers and big plays down the field will probably be very key if they are going to get the W.       

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You betray yourself with the "wouldn't even consider" part.  You aren't interested in knowing where the #7 number comes from, your mind is already made up.

12 minutes ago, R T said:

The Bears defense stops the run (1st in the NFL in yards per game allowed) and tries to make teams one dimensional. They also lead the NFL in interceptions and 3rd in total takeaways. They have grown and are playing very well as a unit as the season has played out. 

They will be a hard team to put long drive together against, no TO's for the Packers and big plays down the field will probably be very key if they are going to get the W.       

biggest thing for me is finding success in the running game. Need Jones and Dillon and the OL to move the ball better than teams have against CHI recently. 

• Like 2