2024 Coaching Staff Changes

Will the Vikings consider moving on from Phillips after the 2024 season?

His suspension isn't football related, of course, but I wonder if the team would want to move in a different direction anyways?

Personally, I don't see it happening. Curious what you guys think though.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Will the Vikings consider moving on from Phillips after the 2024 season?

His suspension isn't football related, of course, but I wonder if the team would want to move in a different direction anyways?

Personally, I don't see it happening. Curious what you guys think though.

I doubt it, unless he does something similar again.  He's already embarrassed himself and the organization once.  If he does it again, then all bets are off. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He's already embarrassed himself and the organization once.  If he does it again, then all bets are off. 

he immediately took responsibility for his error in judgment, i'll say that.

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Of course it’s convenient. Why on earth would an organization punish their business for an off business hours action of an employee? 

Losing 3 weeks of pay is a significant punishment. 

Not to mention fines, careless driving - alcohol related conviction and loss of driving privileges. He deserves all of it, imo. He did the crime and now he’s paying his dues. No one was hurt, thank goodness. Hopefully lesson learned. 

Edited by marshpit23
Not to….

8 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Not to mention fines, careless driving - alcohol related conviction and loss of driving privileges. He deserves all of it, imo. He did the crime and now he’s paying his dues. No one was hurt, thank goodness. Hopefully lesson learned. 

nope, it was pled down to a careless driving misdemeanor.

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

nope, it was pled down to a careless driving misdemeanor.

I was thinking of this when I wrote my response. 
For a Minnesota resident, there would be little difference where the driver did not challenge the administrative license revocation within the 30 day deadline, since then the alcohol-related incident becomes permanent on the drivers license record - for just about every purpose, including insurance rates and enhancement of future criminal charges and license revocations. For a Minnesota first timer, the drivers license can be reinstated sooner with a plea to DWI (rather than Careless Driving). Some other states may not count a prior alcohol-related administrative license revocation the same as a criminal DWI like Minnesota does, however. Careless Driving may look better to some, on a criminal background check, than a DWI.

Maybe the alcohol related portion isn’t pertinent to Wes!?