2024 Coaching Staff Changes

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

The Minnesota Vikings on Friday announced two additions to the 2024 coaching staff, naming Shaun Sarrett assistant offensive line coach and Henry Schneider IV assistant to the head coach.

Schneider spent the past five seasons with the Las Vegas Raiders (2019-23) and adds eight years of NFL experience to O'Connell's staff. Schneider most recently served as the manager of coaching operations for the Raiders (2022-23), following one year as football operations coordinator (2021) and two years as football operations assistant (2019-20). During his time in Las Vegas, Schneider assisted with aspects of the head coach's agenda, including day-to-day football operations and coaching administrative needs.

Prior to joining the Raiders, Schneider spent two seasons with the Seattle Seahawks as a football operations/equipment intern in 2016 and 2018. In between seasons with the Seahawks, Schneider served as a football operations staff assistant with the Miami Dolphins in 2017.

Schneider began his professional career as an operations intern with the National Football Foundation in Irving, Texas, after earning his bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Alabama, where he worked four seasons (2012-15) as a student manager for the football program under Nick Saban.

https://www.vikings.com/news/henry-schneider-shaun-sarrett-coach-hires?fbclid=IwAR2mXVEhNBn3ZqHLP-kU7ozGyRqKY5GXyX77sy_X3t7RjPNztAjHOhMKNXw

So, Schneider is kind of O'Connel's personal assistant?

4 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

So, Schneider is kind of O'Connel's personal assistant?

Basically...it's the same job that Stefanski had when first hired by Chilly.  He does whatever KOC wants him to do, could be editing tape, could be putting spreadsheets together, hell, maybe even get him a coffee, who knows.

Edited by swede700

33 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Basically...it's the same job that Stefanski had when first hired by Chilly.  He does whatever KOC wants him to do, could be editing tape, could be putting spreadsheets together, hell, maybe even get him a coffee, who knows.

the guy has a Masters Degree, I hope he's not used that way.

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

the guy has a Masters Degree, I hope he's not used that way.

I have a Masters and a Doctorate. Before I retired, I was asked to get coffee, office supplies, run AV equipment, etc... but, I was also paid well, and my input in major decisions was valued.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

That dude on the right has a heck of a forehead. 

Like I say about mine, it's got to be that big to help hold that big brain of his in.  I have a giant forehead...my wife says it reminds her of Fred Gwynne.

herman-munster.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

NOOOOOOO!

The starting QB at the HS McCown was coaching at (while his sons were there)...Drake Maye...and he has the same agent as Kirk.  And he's not knocking the Vikings out of the playoffs this time.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The starting QB at the HS McCown was coaching at (while his sons were there)...Drake Maye...and he has the same agent as Kirk.  And he's not knocking the Vikings out of the playoffs this time.

So you’re saying every mock draft from here on out is drake maye or bust!?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I don’t see this as terrible….right?

No, it's not terrible.  He didn't get off to a great start as the QB coach for the Panthers last year, but I attribute that more to being in a bad organization.  I think he'll be fine...it'll at least give him a better opportunity to show his coaching ability. 

Edited by swede700

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

So you’re saying every mock draft from here on out is drake maye or bust!?

Not really, but I'm sure that'll be a talker just like it was Levis last year (who was coordinated in college by the Rams' asst QB coach under KOC).