2018/19 Europe Thread - It begins again

UKTexans

13 minutes ago, PAW said:

A case of subbing just to sub by Conte.  Basically killed any chance we had at getting 3 points.  Have barely been able to keep the ball after dominating possession the entire half.

We were playing for the point at the time of the subs TBH and at its a good idea to prevent any injuries to our key players 

I am so ready for Ancelotti to leave.  Team has looked dire all year and without a clue of what to do on the pitch, not just this game.  We have been shoddy in Bundesliga fixtures as well.  Not having Neuer hurts a lot, but even with him, our defense is very disorganized and leaky, our midfield is not as effective as previous years, and our attackers don't play with any kind of cohesion.  Only tactic we seem to have is to cross and pray.  Very little interplay, one-twos, throughballs, etc.  On paper, we should be playing far better than we have been (certainly not being embarrassed like today).  It seems every single player has regressed under his watch.

Unfortunately, I think we will give him more time barring a catastrophe, which I get.  But I can't see us getting any better with him staying on.  Julian Nagelsmann would be my #1 target for a new manager when we move on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kempus said:

Strong showing from the English teams in the CL, so far.

Think the epl teams this season in general seem better poised for the CL. Real, PSG and Barca have to be the favorites but Chelsea, Man U, City, and maybe even Tottenham all have legit shots to go on a deep run imo

13 hours ago, amac said:

Think the epl teams this season in general seem better poised for the CL. Real, PSG and Barca have to be the favorites but Chelsea, Man U, City, and maybe even Tottenham all have legit shots to go on a deep run imo

Spurs vs Real will be a good indicator. 

• 3 weeks later...