Weidl

mwalker

6 hours ago, 3rivers said:

what can be done to stop him from going anywhere? 

I hope he stays. He's a Pittsburgh guy and knows how to shape this team with talent and style. The Steelers have not been known for stopping anyone from advancing their careers. I can't think of anyone that they ever blocked from moving ahead. It would be a promotion. 

Not much they could do except honor his contract. To use a Tomlinism, "Volunteers not hostages." They would probably have to get a similar guy to help Khan with the talent/player evaluations there. 

We need a new OC and I would love to get Mike Munchack back in a Assistant HC role. 

Sucks, but he’s likely gone. I think he’s the main reason that Steelers had their best draft since the 70s. We could use his eye for offensive and defensive line talent at least one more time…

13 hours ago, mwalker said:

I genuinely hope we don't lose him to another GM job.
I think he's key for talent evaluation - with Khan more of a cap guy.
We really need a strong off season and draft.

Weidl showed the boys what an offensive line looks like with the guys he brought in for pre-draft visits and the like. 330 pounders not the 300 pounders. Even Seumalo is an NFL lineman, albeit on the wrong side, due to need. Weidl would be a guy I'd wish the best and say thanks for playing. Gimme the picks.

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

I do not think they can.  He is an assistant GM now and it would be strange to block him from becoming a GM.

Someone mentioned making Khan team president and making Weidl GM.

Not sure Rooney is that smart.

I personally dont think Khan would be as good on his own.   Id lose alot of faith in our future if Weidl leaves.

Hopefully Weidl at least waits for a better opportunity.    Washington is a miserable franchise with a horrible culture.   But unfortunately, he would probably go.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 43M said:

Someone mentioned making Khan team president and making Weidl GM.

Not sure Rooney is that smart.

I personally dont think Khan would be as good on his own.   Id lose alot of faith in our future if Weidl leaves.

Hopefully Weidl at least waits for a better opportunity.    Washington is a miserable franchise with a horrible culture.   But unfortunately, he would probably go.

I suggested that.  It puts Weidl in position to really not have much room to go up and it also turns Khan into a deciding vote in GM/Coach disagreements over ARII.

• Like 1

I have literally posted the rule that says they can block an assistant GM interview and no one believes me still…so I’ll take another angle. 

What if, now hear me out…what if, the guy who was an unofficial number 2 who signed on to be the official number 2 was, I don’t know…happy with the situation? 

I don’t think no one believes you rather doesn’t really understand the rule.

The issue I have with it is it prompts to promote people who aren’t potentially ready, and if you keep blocking a guy, but don’t promote him or pay him more, he’ll become disgruntled and push to leave.  But that’s not assuming that will happen here, just my issue with the rule.