Is it worth trading Justin Jefferson?

Ozzy

Is it worth trading Justin Jefferson?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth trading Justin Jefferson?

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

That is true, but really no one is going to give up more than what those others went for because honestly they are a freaking WR.

Odell Beckham Jr was traded for a 1st and a 3rd round pick along with Jabrill Peppers by the way.

And maybe a trade is off the table, but still comes down to is it worth building your entire organization around a WR.  I am not sure it is, so is he worth paying money that could be paid to a top flight QB instead?  Then again Vikings probably cannot even get a top flight QB anyway.

Stefon Diggs was traded at 26 Justin Jefferson is 24 so their ages are not that different but Jefferson has been more successful early.  Odell Beckham Jr was traded at 26 as well but got hurt and his production has greatly dropped off ever since then really outside of that one good year in Cleveland right after the trade.

Jefferson will be 25 in June so that is coming up.  

You are never going to get enough value for Jefferson in today's climate.  Never.  So, might as well do the best the Vikings can to get better with him on the team. But let this be a lesson to the front office...never draft a generational talent!!! They will only cost you more money!!! 😉😉

Edited by Captain Relax
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

You are never going to get enough value for Jefferson in today's climate.  Never.  So, might as well do the best the Vikings can to get better with him on the team. But let this be a lesson to the front office...never draft a generational talent!!! They will only cost you more money!!! 😉😉

Is Odell Beckham Jr a generational talent?  Not sure he is even a Hall of Famer.  Granted injuries took a toll on his career but Justin Jefferson has already experienced that a bit this past season.  Maybe he will continue his progression and constantly produce and improve but that could just as easily not be the case also.

Could totally argue that hierarchy of team needs goes in this order.

QB
OT
DT/Edge Rusher
CB
WR

If you have the bottom one on this list but only have one of the other top four, yeah that is a massive problem.  And really the OT spot is two guys and so is the DT/Edge spot as well if not a total four there and 2-3 good corners.  Sure helps having WRs but one is not like the others.  

14 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I want HoFers at QB, RB, WR, LT, DE, DT, CB and K.  Is that too much to ask?  😉

Vikings already had a team with two Hall of Fame WRs, one Hall of Fame DL and one Hall of Fame OG.  At least they had talent across the board and had no major weaknesses unlike the current roster.  Even the defense at least played hard and hit hard.  Dixon Edwards was really the one clear weakness on that roster overall, that along with Steussie in pass pro but I guess he was not awful at it just not all that great.  Another slight weakness was the 3rd CB or slot CB but back then one did not really need a slot corner all that often.  

2 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'm not sure how anyone needed a clue...but here we are. 

and if you accidentally end up with a generational talent, even when not expected or wanted, make sure you trade him away.

i mean, worked well for us when we traded Moss away, right?

disclaimer: the above statements are based in sarcasm and meant only for entertainment purposes. they should not be taken as serious opinions, or personal desires to see become realized. thank you.

• Like 4

On 1/22/2024 at 2:44 PM, swede700 said:

I want HoFers at K.  Is that too much to ask?  😉

Yes. But some days, I'd happily give up our first round pick for Justin Tucker.

But then he'd just become a shankapotamus the second he put on the Vikings' uniform.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Yes. But some days, I'd happily give up our first round pick for Justin Tucker.

But then he'd just become a shankapotamus the second he put on the Vikings' uniform.

Is it the curse of Fred Cox, Jan Stenarud or Gary Anderson???

Jefferson being traded is off the table. 

it would take three 1st round picks, some reliable defensive players, and a lesser WR to add to the team. 

Also, wouldn’t trade him to a team like the 49ers or Chiefs. I don’t want a “First Round pick” that is, essentially, a 2nd round pick. So we would likely end up with a pick #14-#22. So yes, I’d need three of those. 

• Like 4