2023 Wild Card Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 2) Dallas Cowboys

Who wins?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Green Bay Packers
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/14/2024 at 09:30 PM

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

He was also well past his prime and completed 67% of his passes 9 TD 3 int avg 287 pass/ypg without McCarthy.  

Past his prime? I don't want to sound argumentative my friend but he won 2 league MVPs and 4 pro bowls in 5 full years after McCarthy. 

I'm not trying to make the case McCarthy carried Rodgers or anything, I'm just trying to make the case that it's hard to win SBs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

He was also well past his prime and completed 67% of his passes 9 TD 3 int avg 287 pass/ypg without McCarthy.  Hardly the reason they lost those games.  You subtract the Super Bowl year and those numbers are astronomically better than what he did with McCarthy.  Even if you include the SB year, his playoff numbers without McCarthy exceed what he did with him. McCarthy has Rodgers to thank for having a career as an NFL head coach.

Amazing how much this sounds like what the majority of NFL fans were saying about MLF until about a month ago.  Rodgers was also a HUGE reason why GB lost the 2021 playoff game to SF.  They baited him all game into making the throws they wanted him to make as he constantly went off-script.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Past his prime? I don't want to sound argumentative my friend but he won 2 league MVPs and 4 pro bowls in 5 full years after McCarthy. 

I'm not trying to make the case McCarthy carried Rodgers or anything, I'm just trying to make the case that it's hard to win SBs.

Correct and he was past his prime.  There is no logical way to argue that 36-37-38 year old Rodgers is better than 28 year old Rodgers.  Brady also won a SB with Tampa.  Manning won a SB with Denver.  Doesn't mean either player was close to their peak playing career.  It just highlights how much of Rodgers career was wasted with a mediocre coach running it.

6 minutes ago, Apparition said:

That loss was mostly on Dan Quinn, frankly. 

The Packers were playing mid-90s chuck 'n' duck football and the Cowboys defense couldn't do anything about it.

True.  Don't think Jones is firing Quinn and keeping McCarthy though.

Fair or not, HC of Dallas has different expectations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Amazing how much this sounds like what the majority of NFL fans were saying about MLF until about a month ago.  Rodgers was also a HUGE reason why GB lost the 2021 playoff game to SF.  They baited him all game into making the throws they wanted him to make as he constantly went off-script.

Not Rodgers finest performance, but that 49ers defense was elite and the Packers defense gave up nearly 300 yards rushing.  They had no chance to win that game bc SF didn't even try to hide what they were going to do and they couldn't even force them to make Jimmy G make some throws.

Just now, CasperX22 said:

Correct and he was past his prime.  There is no logical way to argue that 36-37-38 year old Rodgers is better than 28 year old Rodgers. 

Maybe there is an experience vs athleticism philosophical discussion but Rodgers 2011 or whatever was like top 2 season great, so for purposes of discussion - I totally agree with you.

But remember this isn't about Rodgers being better than his younger self, we were discussing him not winning SBs after McCarthy.

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Brady also won a SB with Tampa.  Manning won a SB with Denver.  Doesn't mean either player was close to their peak playing career.  It just highlights how much of Rodgers career was wasted with a mediocre coach running it.

It also highlights that you don't need to be in your prime in order to win a SB.

So, once again, a top 5 all time QB should have won without McCarthy, right? Especially when he was playing at an MVP level?

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

True.  Don't think Jones is firing Quinn and keeping McCarthy though.

Fair or not, HC of Dallas has different expectations.

Was a complete team loss.  Not a single Dallas player or coach can feel good about their performance until GB went into prevent mode and Dallas padded their stats in garbage time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Maybe there is an experience vs athleticism philosophical discussion but Rodgers 2011 or whatever was like top 2 season great, so for purposes of discussion - I totally agree with you.

But remember this isn't about Rodgers being better than his younger self, we were discussing him not winning SBs after McCarthy.

It also highlights that you don't need to be in your prime in order to win a SB.

So, once again, a top 5 all time QB should have won without McCarthy, right? Especially when he was playing at an MVP level?

I have more faith in a 40+ year old Rodgers getting back with a broken down body than McCarthy that's for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

Correct and he was past his prime.  There is no logical way to argue that 36-37-38 year old Rodgers is better than 28 year old Rodgers.  Brady also won a SB with Tampa.  Manning won a SB with Denver.  Doesn't mean either player was close to their peak playing career.  It just highlights how much of Rodgers career was wasted with a mediocre coach running it.

Lol he won 2 MVP's. 😂