NFC Wild Card: 6. Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5) Sunday Night Football

Louis Friend

Rams @ Lions   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets revenge?

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Sir, you do not quote Cris Collinsworth on this forum. That is cruel and unusual punishment after a loss. Don't make me Draymond you, Rudy Gobert. 😉

I mean he wasn't wrong with that statement lol. Rams won the 2nd half in damn near all facets but they kept settling for FGs and got stopped on their last drive. Almost 100 more yards on the same amount of possessions and close to even TOP. Tough loss. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean he wasn't wrong with that statement lol. Rams won the 2nd half in damn near all facets but they kept settling for FGs and got stopped on their last drive. Almost 100 more yards on the same amount of possessions and close to even TOP. Tough loss. 

That's how it goes sometimes. Game of inches.

I hate to say it but that Lions sports guy was right. Campbell was the more aggressive 4th down coach than McVay and it won them the game. The Lions had a 4th down in the redzone and instead of kicking the FG they went for it and got the TD.

McVay kept sending the FG unit out in the redzone on 4th down. I wish he would’ve been more aggressive on at least one of those trips seeing as the defense was starting to make stops in the 2nd half and they won’t win the game if the offense continues to settle for kick in the redzone instead of getting TDs. Plus the Lions were the 4th worse team in the NFL in redzone defense. So why not press them to have to make 4 stops instead of 3 on at least one maybe even two of those redzone trips? Idk I just think McVay wasn’t the best in his calling or mindset in the redzone while Campbell was aggressive and it paid off. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I hate to say it but that Lions sports guy was right. Campbell was the more aggressive 4th down coach than McVay and it won them the game. The Lions had a 4th down in the redzone and instead of kicking the FG they went for it and got the TD.

McVay kept sending the FG unit out in the redzone on 4th down. I wish he would’ve been more aggressive on at least one of those trips seeing as the defense was starting to make stops in the 2nd half and they won’t win the game if the offense continues to settle for kick in the redzone instead of getting TDs. Plus the Lions were the 4th worse team in the NFL in redzone defense. So why not press them to have to make 4 stops instead of 3 on at least one maybe even two of those redzone trips? Idk I just think McVay wasn’t the best in his calling or mindset in the redzone while Campbell was aggressive and it paid off. 

Losing Kyren hurt, losing Higbee hurt but yeah he got too cute trying to throw fades to Kupp. That was ugly.. I would have force fed the ball to Puka or  a TE screen to Davis Allen, kid some heart(Boston accent). 

I think McVay called a good game for what he had. He went for it on 4-5 at his 50.. He showed balls. When we were at the goal line we werent at the 1. We were kinda far iirc. I’ll have to rewatch it again. Problem was he trusted the defense. He should have gone for it on 4-14 but even the that’s insane. The defense shut Detroit down, the narrative would have switched using hindsight.. you simply gotta give Detroit credit. 

Edited by El Ramster

13 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Losing Kyren hurt, losing Higbee hurt but yeah he got too cute trying to throw fades to Kupp. That was ugly.. I would have force fed the ball to Puka or  a TE screen to Davis Allen, kid some heart(Boston accent). 

How about them using Wentz? They had packages for him in the Niners game that saw him score a TD running or even doing a read option. I heard on Mason and Ireland them saying the Rams could use Wentz in short yardage and redzone so they won’t need to rely on the kicker seeing how shaky the kicker has been.

So yeah no Kyren, no Higbee, bring in Wentz and have a package the Lions I’m sure never prepared for and let him score in the redzone once maybe even twice. 

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

How about them using Wentz? They had packages for him in the Niners game that saw him score a TD running or even doing a read option. I heard on Mason and Ireland them saying the Rams could use Wentz in short yardage and redzone so they won’t need to rely on the kicker seeing how shaky the kicker has been.

So yeah no Kyren, no Higbee, bring in Wentz and have a package the Lions I’m sure never prepared for and let him score in the redzone once maybe even twice. 

Stafford was hot and I don’t think you can take him out. 

120 rating, 367 and over 10 a pop. Guy was wheeling  and dealing. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Stafford was hot and I don’t think you can take him out. 

120 rating, 367 and over 10 a pop. Guy was wheeling  and dealing. 

Oh no Stafford definitely was hot but I just feel like throwing fades to Kupp then when it didn’t work settling for a FG didn’t do the job. At least try something more creative to try to catch the Lions off guard. I think the second Wentz comes into the game in the redzone the Lions defense would have to worry about Wentz legs and arm at least for one play which couldve been a 4th down go for it play. 

I think Stafford likes those fades. He threw them a lot in Detroit and it was largely unsuccessful. It's weird because it really takes all of his strengths out of the play. He's incredible when plays develop a little bit and he can read the field.