AFC Wildcard Round: #7 Pittsburgh @ #2 Buffalo

Trentwannabe

Who Wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this AFC Battle

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Zay Flowers? Well then shoot, let me throw Najee into the mix. Since we're naming just good players.

I generally agree that QB is the main difference between Ravens and Steelers.

Although I think the Steelers D is more star-dependent than the Ravens. And Ravens have way better assistant coaches.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhA9OzPBzkLFLNLFheFnB

^ This beautiful man

Yeah and if we’re talking any pick after pick 18 in the first round since 2018 we’ve got

Mark Andrews, Justin Madubuike, Patrick Queen, Isaiah Likely, Orlando Brown (was great for us at least), Geno Stone, Zach Sieler…

Thats a good list lol idk what bro is talking about

Edited by Ray Reed

2 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

KC, GB, NE, Baltimore, Dallas, I'm sure there's a few more. 

Look I get what you're trying to say, but the fact is there's been talent in those later picks Pittsburgh just hasn't done good enough to scout it.

I know I’m going back to when Tomlin took over but my point is that it’s built upon itself over the years.

KC went 4-12, 2-14, 4-12, 7-9, and 2-14 between 07 and 2012. Then they drafted Mahomes. 

The Packers have accomplished as much as we have since 2007 and they had much better QBs during that time.

NE had Brady and Bill the whole time and then they collapsed just like we are.

I’ll give you the Ravens. we should have drafted Lamar and pushed Ben out, I’ve always felt that way.

Dallas went 4-12 in 2015 and 6-10 in 2020. They’ve also accomplished even less than we have in that time.

The biggest difference between us and those other teams is that either they had no gap in franchise QB play, or they were worse at the start of this timeline (KC) or are as bad as we are now (Patriots).

We also got unlucky and had a top 5 WR all time go crazy and leave the team. If he was still playing he would likely be our #1 still but that’s beside the point prolly.

Steelers have definitely had some bad picks lately but we’ve also had some great ones. We are just ****ed without a QB. If we had drafted Lamar instead of the Ravens would the Ravens last 5 years been as good as our last 5 years?

• Like 1