AFC Wildcard: #5 Browns @ #4 Texans

NeptunePenguins

Who wins?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The halftime show lined up - Bun B, Paul Wall, Slim Thug and Mike Jones (who? MIKE JONES) is actually pretty damn good. 

I'd go for the show alone. Who needs football? 😅

Yeah Saturday going to be lit! Best part about who they are bringing in to perform?  No Clay Walker! 😁

• Like 1

Imagine the ratings for this game if Watson had a good year and was starting this game, it’d be like a PPV Wrestling type of hype, good guy vs bad guy, hero vs villain, the villain attempts come back and destroy his roots, and the new hero tries to prevent it.  

7 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Imagine the ratings for this game if Watson had a good year and was starting this game, it’d be like a PPV Wrestling type of hype, good guy vs bad guy, hero vs villain, the villain attempts come back and destroy his roots, and the new hero tries to prevent it.  

It wouldn't be a Saturday at 3:30 CT game...

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

@ramssuperbowl99 - hey! It happened again with the Texans! Saturday afternoon football? Only this time with no BoB!

Long term the Texans are too exciting for this timeslot. I'd say NFL should flex in Titans vs. Bengals, that's a game with a Saturday afternoon wild card feel to it. Or secretly replace one team's offense with Iowa. Maybe TJ Yates comes back as the full time QB? Something to shake it up.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 9:40 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah I want him to continue airing it out. We can live by the big play and die by it, but I'd rather die by it than play conservatively. If we're going to win the Super Bowl (which I totally understand is pie in the sky), we need Flacco to be tossing the ball for 250-300+ every game moving forward.

Might it be enough to eek out a win vs. Houston with him managing the game? Maybe. But it won't be enough against the big boys.

I don't mean total game management. Flacco still has cannon throwing a bullet at 40 yards and he's still mobile; not to run but to extend a play a second or 2. I mean throw the ball away if its not there. Assuming he moves on to better competition he can't average two picks a game.  It was pie in the sky at the beginning of the season, not now. The Browns are in the playoffs, they have a much better than average defense and they have a proven veteran QB who's been there before. If they win by two touchdowns no one will look forward to the Browns coming to town. 

Another really tough one of me to pick, as I'm a big fan of Ryan's and what he has done with this team, and CJ Stroud's play as OROY.   That being said, I trust Flacco and the Browns D here and Amari Cooper to have a big game.  I think playing inside in Houston will give both QB's the chance to air it out and with Cleveland -2 on the road, that makes them the favorite and I'd agree.  I'm taking CLE -2 and the over of 44.5 as I think it'll end up being 28-20 CLE