NFC Wild Card Monday Night: Philadelphia (5) @ Tampa Bay (4)

NFC Wild Card Monday Night: Philadelphia (5) @ Tampa Bay (4)  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is winning Wild Card Monday Night

• Eagles
    • Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2024 at 01:15 AM

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

If Jalen is the elite QB that we anointed him in 2022 he should beat this bucs team, even without AJ brown. 

For example I replaced him with Lamar in this spot there is no doubt who is winning this game. 

Lamar is the example you’re going with!?

but agree with the sentiment, lot of pieces on both sides are same as they were in that 2021 playoff matchup where Hurts was completely overwhelmed by the blitz. Hasn’t looked sharp lately but big opportunity tonight to prove he’s grown. We’ll see, not feeling too optimistic given the past 6 weeks but he’s proved me wrong before.

36 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Lamar is the example you’re going with!?

but agree with the sentiment, lot of pieces on both sides are same as they were in that 2021 playoff matchup where Hurts was completely overwhelmed by the blitz. Hasn’t looked sharp lately but big opportunity tonight to prove he’s grown. We’ll see, not feeling too optimistic given the past 6 weeks but he’s proved me wrong before.

Josh Allen Lamar Mahomes, heck Dak destroyed this same defense in this spot last year. 

You have a top 3 offensive line going against a team that has a horrible pass defense. You should win this game 

4 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

If Jalen is the elite QB that we anointed him in 2022 he should beat this bucs team, even without AJ brown. 

For example I replaced him with Lamar in this spot there is no doubt who is winning this game. 

Maybe Hurts balls out tonight. Or maybe he shows he was never an elite QB, just propped up by Shane Steichen’s revolutionary scheme. If Hurts is truly elite, truly a Top 7-8 QB, then he doesn’t need Brown like you said, especially against this very mediocre Buc defense. 

22 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Maybe Hurts balls out tonight. Or maybe he shows he was never an elite QB, just propped up by Shane Steichen’s revolutionary scheme. If Hurts is truly elite, truly a Top 7-8 QB, then he doesn’t need Brown like you said, especially against this very mediocre Buc defense. 

This teams collapse is about a lot more than the QB. Jalen deserves criticism for his play this year without question, but framing it as he was simply propped up by coaching last year while ignoring the disaster our coaching staff has been the past couple of months is extremely unfair. Jalen needs to be better, but the coaches have done him zero favors.

On paper there is no question the Eagles should win this game, but this team has played like absolute garbage the past 7 weeks. Can't expect anything from them at this point except a likely collapse.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This teams collapse is about a lot more than the QB. Jalen deserves criticism for his play this year without question, but framing it as he was simply propped up by coaching last year while ignoring the disaster our coaching staff has been the past couple of months is extremely unfair. Jalen needs to be better, but the coaches have done him zero favors.

On paper there is no question the Eagles should win this game, but this team has played like absolute garbage the past 7 weeks. Can't expect anything from them at this point except a likely collapse.

You kind of proved my point bro…. Hurts has not been doing well without Shane and neither has the offense in general. The fact is Steichen’s don’t grow on trees, those innovative guys come around once a decade at best. And he was the engine of that offense. Blaming it on current coaching like they could somehow replicate Steichen’s impact is pretty naive. Simple fact is they lost one of the best innovative minds in the sport and you can’t replicate that. Lions will find out when they lose Ben Johnson this year as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

You kind of proved my point bro…. Hurts has not been doing well without Shane and neither has the offense in general. The fact is Steichen’s don’t grow on trees, those innovative guys come around once a decade at best. And he was the engine of that offense. Blaming it on current coaching like they could somehow replicate Steichen’s impact is pretty naive. Simple fact is they lost one of the best innovative minds in the sport and you can’t replicate that. Lions will find out when they lose Ben Johnson this year as well. 

Think you are missing the point. 

Steichen is a great coach yes. Our current offensive coaching staff is awful. It is a massive swing from one side to the other. To simultaneously right off Hurts' success under Steichen while not acknowledging the abysmal job our current staff has done is very unfair. The truth is likely somewhere in the middle. Is Hurts the guy you can count on to be a top tier QB regardless of situation? No. Is he a QB that is capable of playing at the highest level with a bit more help? He has already shown that.

Hurts has holes in his game just like many other QB's. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

Think you missing the point. 

Steichen is a great coach yes. Our current offensive coaching staff is awful. It is a massive swing from one side to the other. To simultaneously right off Hurts' success under Steichen while not acknowledging the abysmal job our current staff has done is very unfair. The truth is likely somewhere in the middle. Is Hurts the guy you can count on to be a top tier QB regardless of situation? No. Is he a QB that is capable of playing at the highest level with a bit more help? He has already shown that.

Hurts has holes in his game just like many other QB's. 

It’s not the fact your current offensive coaching is awful (maybe it is) it’s just the downgrade from Shane Steichen type of coach to almost anyone is like a 10x downgrade. Like I said, these are once in a blue moon type minds. 

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

It’s not the fact your current offensive coaching is awful (maybe it is) it’s just the downgrade from Shane Steichen type of coach to almost anyone is like a 10x downgrade. Like I said, these are once in a blue moon type minds. 

Funny you say that, but when we hired Steichen Chargers fans were telling us he was bad lol.

Crazy how a year or two can completely change your perception on things. 

Steichen is a great coach. I do not think he is at the level you are describing though. And yes our offensive coaching has been abysmal this year. As has the defensive coaching. This team is playing well under their talent level without question.

Funny you say that, but when we hired Steichen Chargers fans were telling us he was bad lol.

Crazy how a year or two can completely change your perception on things. 

Steichen is a great coach. I do not think he is at the level you are describing though. And yes our offensive coaching has been abysmal this year. As has the defensive coaching. This team is playing well under their talent level without question.

Yeah basically my point is, 95% of coaches are going to look awful compared to Steichen and what he did. Lions fans will be complaining next year their offensive coaching is awful as well, when in reality, they are comparing it to Ben Johnson of the previous season, who is a once in a blue moon OC. 

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

Yeah basically my point is, 95% of coaches are going to look awful compared to Steichen and what he did. Lions fans will be complaining next year their offensive coaching is awful as well, when in reality, they are comparing it to Ben Johnson of the previous season, who is a once in a blue moon OC. 

Seems like these once in a blue moon OC's come around a bit more often than a blue moon.

• Like 1

Eagles Playoff drinking game:

Take a drink when there is

1. Julio Jones screen

2. Quez Watkins drop

3. Jalen Hurts bails on pressure and throws the ball away

4. Brian Johnson calls 4 verts against pressure 

5. Bucs convert a 3rd and long

6. a WR we’ve never heard of toasts one of our over paid CB’s

7. Tush push

8. Useless QB draw

Chug when:

1. Horribly timed fumble

2. Swift somehow has less than 8 carries before half time

3. The defense makes Baker Mayfield look like Lamar on a scramble 

Play at your own risk. We are not responsible for any and all alcohol poisonings.