Vrabel Gone

-Hope-

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

Well we knw where Vrabel is goin.. Can we file for tampering now lol

But but. Why didn't the Patriots trade him? Another team is going to get Bill and the Patriots get nothing!!!!

Bloody murder!  Patriots are a bottom feeding organization. 

Am I right?????

Well it all makes sense now. He wanted full roster control and didn’t think ran was ready to be a GM. He also wanted Cowden. Amy made the right move fore sure.

If you wanna read it without paying put it in reader mode

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Well it all makes sense now. He wanted full roster control and didn’t think ran was ready to be a GM. He also wanted Cowden. Amy made the right move fore sure.

If you wanna read it without paying put it in reader mode

Can also read it here on Reddit 

neither vrabel nor amy come out of that article looking very good, imo. what a mess. i am glad we didn’t give vrabel roster control though. that’s begging for disaster on a scale greater than even this.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

So Amy made the decision to move on without any input from Ran and then had him stand at the podium to face the media alone while she filmed a three minute video with Mike Keith? That’s garbage.

Counter....

If you are just talking about the process? Then yeah I can see how it could have been done better. 

Would you have rather her have Ran sit there while she told him? 

I get the reasons. It's her team and she wants it done a certain way. Right or wrong. 

She doesn't want a coach having total control. Well not Vrabel. 

I think we can all agree he really doesn't deserve total control. If we are to believe some of the reports of who he wanted in the past and received. 

I personally don't care to hear from the owner in a press conference. She made a statement. She made her fluff video. 

Plenty of owners I don't recall ever hearing from. I don't know half of them. But that's me. 

Vrabel had to go. Something felt off throughout the entire season, and his stunt in NE was just embarrassing as a titans fan.

But nobody looks good in this article and we just seem like a massive mess of an org. AAS seems more passive aggressive than straight forward...let's remember this is someone born into $$.

The whole disagreement w/ the decision to go for 2 vs Miami is concerning.

Ran needs to step up now. He mentioned in his presser, this was year 1 on the job for him and there are things he'd probably go back and do differently. A few of the things listed in that article reflect on him and his team. That's OK...he's in a super hard job and is working w/ a meh owner and a power-hungry head coach. But this is his team now...he's gotta get his ish together w/ the new HC and become the Lynch/Shanny duo we hired him (and the future HC) to be.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Counter....

If you are just talking about the process? Then yeah I can see how it could have been done better. 

I get the reasons. It's her team and she wants it done a certain way. Right or wrong. 

I think we can all agree he really doesn't deserve total control. If we are to believe some of the reports of who he wanted in the past and received. 

I personally don't care to hear from the owner in a press conference. She made a statement. She made her fluff video. 

Plenty of owners I don't recall ever hearing from. I don't know half of them. But that's me. 

If you make a decision like this without informing your GM beforehand, I think the least you can do is face the music about making that decision. Not some premeditated fluff video. Letting Ran go out on his own was a bad look. 

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

of course amidst all the actually concerning things here, titans twitter is melting down over the bit about ran using cowden's draft board, which is an incredibly standard thing when a GM comes in before a draft and hasn't put his guys in place, and roughly the same thing robinson did in his first year. never change, titans twitter.

14 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I said this the other day, but in terms of just straight up insider/investigative sports journalism, I think it's a bit a sign of the times. That doesn't absolve anyone, but people aren't getting paid to be sneaking thru the back door trying to get word from what's going on inside from a source.

News outlets are broke and laying off vets left and right. Look at The Athletic, firing a ton of vets and replacing them w/ recent college grads. I mean no disrespect to anyone at all, but IIRC Ben Arthur was the Tennessean writer semi-recently...first job out of college basically. Awesome opp for Ben, but he has no relationships, experience, etc. Hell, half of the journalists for the team are guys like Buck Reising and Easton Freeze, who work for internet-based news outlets that a bunch of recent college grads put together when twitter/podcasts starting taking off. 

All ESPN has Turron writing for us is game recaps and player puff pieces. Same w/ AP and Theresa Walker. Any sort of "insider" news for the NFL comes from the Schefters, Raps, etc. 

Joe Rexrode seems to split his time between UT and the Titans, some games we don't even get recaps from The Athletic.

Among the vet writers/journalists, ie Davenport, Rexrode, Walker... PK is the only one w/ real experience that doesn't answer to a boss. But he dismisses everything as nonsense and spends his days getting in Twitter fights. A HUGE STORY was staring him in the face re: NE, and unless I'm mistaken, it was blown off.

kudos to Rexrode, def my fav Titans journalist, on the great article this AM

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Vrabel had to go. Something felt off throughout the entire season, and his stunt in NE was just embarrassing as a titans fan.

But nobody looks good in this article and we just seem like a massive mess of an org. AAS seems more passive aggressive than straight forward...let's remember this is someone born into $$.

The whole disagreement w/ the decision to go for 2 vs Miami is concerning.

Ran needs to step up now. He mentioned in his presser, this was year 1 on the job for him and there are things he'd probably go back and do differently. A few of the things listed in that article reflect on him and his team. That's OK...he's in a super hard job and is working w/ a meh owner and a power-hungry head coach. But this is his team now...he's gotta get his ish together w/ the new HC and become the Lynch/Shanny duo we hired him (and the future HC) to be.

Nail the hire, start winning and all is forgotten. Remember the mess the Texans were the past few years. They nailed the coaching hire and draft, started winning, and now the McNair’s are an afterthought. Same with the Jaguars in 2022. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Counter....

I was mostly referring to the press conference. If she was the one that made the unilateral decision to fire Vrabel, she should be up there taking questions. Not sending a guy out there that wasn’t involved in the decision making process to answer questions about her choices. Add in that even in her fluff piece she didn’t commit to Ran being the one to make the coaching and roster decisions this offseason, and it looks even worse when every question is either going to be about Vrabel or the hiring process, neither of which Ran had clarity on from the owner.

Beyond that, in general, I hate an owner making decisions without consulting with the general manager. She’s in her power to, she’s the owner, but a meddling owner that won’t commit to a clear power structure is a terrible thing for an organization.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Nail the hire, start winning and all is forgotten. Remember the mess the Texans were the past few years. They nailed the coaching hire and draft, started winning, and now the McNair’s are an afterthought. Same with the Jaguars in 2022. 

yeah, 100%

none of this will make a difference if we get the right coach and Levis pans out

Cincy is Exhibit A. Considered a cesspool of a franchise w/ a horrible owner. Well Joe Burrow changed all of that.

• Like 1