Vrabel Gone

-Hope-

24 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Dunno about that take.

She is establishing a standard of accountability and acknowledgement that you need to move past a Henry run-style offense. 
I like it. 

Each time she has made a move, it was proven to be for the better. 
Robinson was better than Webster. Ran (TBD if better than Robinson but good start).
Murlarkey was better than Wiz (hard not to be). Vrabel was better than Murlarkey (kinda).

Where is the miss?

I can agree she should have acted sooner in some cases, but ultimately, she has made the right moves. 

I just think the timeline of extending Jrob/Vrabel, to firing JRob and in turn giving Vrabel more control, to then firing Vrabel makes our franchise feel a bit unstable.

winning cures all, tho

Like seriously none of this will matter if Levis becomes a top QB

• Like 3

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

Did they? Didnt Lewan and Delanie really dislike him?

Dunno. I know Lewan didn't like him because he took the Captain C from him. 

Maybe I'm not remembering but could have sworn some players really go to bat for him. 

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

I just think the timeline of extending Jrob/Vrabel, to firing JRob and in turn giving Vrabel more control, to then firing Vrabel makes our franchise feel a bit unstable.

winning cures all, tho

Like seriously none of this will matter if Levis becomes a top QB

Whatever for Levis to be successful.  That is my take since he showed promise.
Fire Vrabel. Whatever....
I want a franchise QB. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

Dunno. I know Lewan didn't like him because he took the Captain C from him. 

Maybe I'm not remembering but could have sworn some players really go to bat for him. 

Lewan talked some on a BWTB podcast about how Mularkey tried to push players to play with concussion issues. Then in Mularkey's interview with Kuharsky a few years back, he talked about how he should have pushed Mariota to play hurt more often, so there's some traction there.

• Like 1

the thing is, vrabel might get it right somewhere else and win a ring. with our luck, he probably will. but to do that he's going to fix some stuff about the way he does things, and i don't think that was ever going to happen here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the thing is, vrabel might get it right somewhere else and win a ring. with our luck, he probably will. but to do that he's going to fix some stuff about the way he does things, and i don't think that was ever going to happen here.

As much as I like Vrabel and think he is a great coach. Ain't nothing guaranteed. Especially if he is going to a roster with no QB set. I would bet on more 10-7, 8-9, 9-8 or worse than anything special from him. The best of best coaches don't always succeed. 

Vrabel was a. good coach for us, had some really high moments and in my opinion some head scratchingly low moments as well. He certainly had moments I will always remember...the back to back to back penalties to run time off the clock...which led to a rule change!!! I always wanted for him to evolve a bit more scheme wise here, he just never did. I absolutely hated when. they would show him on the sidelines and he would stare off into space...just looked like he couldn't care less. Time to turn the page and embark on a new era of Titan football, for better or worse. 

Im fine. I think Vrabel is a good coach. Classic CEO type. But he’s accomplished very little and deserves to answer to a GM. 

I also feared he would never accept the need for a rebuild and would land us in a constant chase for nine wins and the sixth or seventh seed. As evidenced by this past year, when it was clear to all the world except him that our mid-30s QB and soon to be 30 year old RB weren’t carrying us to anything.

We could absolutely do worse. We very well might do worse. But I wouldn’t have been comfortable, given his overall results, of letting him win a power struggle with two different GMs in two years.

Amy was in the wrong for not involving Vrabel more in the hiring process of the next GM if she truly thought he was the long term solution at head coach we should've hired a GM that aligned with his philosophy, but... she didn't. So, on some level even going back to last year she was seeking a complete change in the way the football side was handled, and I don't disagree with that. Vrabel believes what he believes. He's an old school coach and he stands firm on that. Once it became clear that Ran and Vrabel were not going to be able to coexist, she made the move that she had to make. A trade to New England would've been nice, but it was unrealistic with us needing to land the right head coach and get our hiring process started sooner than later I understand it.

I'm thankful for Mike and sorry that it had to end this way, but I also am excited for a new era led by Ran that will hopefully result in a more innovative and new age approach on the field. We need to build a 21st Century offense around our young gunslinger QB, and I'm excited to see who we bring in here to lead that charge. 

You’d think we were some kind of perennial contender before he took over. He had more success than anyone has in Nashville for many a year. I wish him nothing but the best. 

Edited by Titansfan