Vrabel Gone

-Hope-

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I have always been very torn. But I will remind myself in this time, yes we had a bad roster, but, our record these last two years is telling. We also fumbled a long stretch of games last year to miss the playoffs. I am not a big Mike Tomlin guy, but does he let that happen? No. This is something to remember. Or at least something to make it make more sense I guess. Time will tell.

Questionable OC hires.
The whole, "we don't need a DC" after Pees left. 
Special Teams Coach (even tho I questioned blaming the coach totally).
Never ending Kicker search.
Mistake to this last offseason.

Numerous other things....

Vrabel earned the firing to a degree.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s nice to know that Ran was with us when we were all baffled by the ultimate gameplan last offseason. It’s a bummer to know that we hired a GM and then opted to go with the coach’s vision for the roster rather than the new GM’s, especially when it was so obvious to everyone outside of the organization.

it's also astonishing to me that vrabel could be that shortsighted when, at that point in time, he had a long-as-hell runway to do a rebuild without getting fired. 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

it's also astonishing to me that vrabel could be that shortsighted when, at that point in time, he had a long-as-hell runway to do a rebuild without getting fired. 

I don't think the national media will acknowledge this either. 
Titans just blindly fired the coach. 

Naw son, we didn't hate Vrabel, but everyone in TN saw the cracks in his armor. 

Now that it's done it seems like more on here are understanding what some of the "he's gotta go" people were saying. He's stubborn, he refuses to adapt...those things apparently didn't only happen on the field but off the field as well. 

Some still think this is a horrible mistake...to those I say wait and see, truly only time will tell. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

I don't think the national media will acknowledge this either. 
Titans just blindly fired the coach. 

Naw son, we didn't hate Vrabel, but everyone in TN saw the cracks in his armor. 

Its fine. They will be who they are. I just want US to get it right. Find a way to actually evolve, and not just give us the PR nonsense about it. Let's be modern. Let's give Levis the best chance.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Love that we just randomly decided to be 24-48 hours late to the party for no reason at all.

Amy had to fly to Nashville from her home that's not in Nashville

(at least I assume that's still the case)

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Well it’s Rans team now. Make us the 49ers please. Now time to find our Shanahan.

Yeah, it's just that simple.  There must be hundreds of him out there and available.  </sarcasm>

Vrabel was not just good, but he was great at the things a head coach can control.  Getting the team to give max effort, in-game management, etc.  Replacing him means we have one less strength now unless we can magically find someone else who fills all those needs.  I'm skeptical.  Our issues on offense and general lack of talent are not on Vrabel.  He had an aging, expensive to the point of limiting other roster options quarterback.  I don't think we get rid of AJ if we weren't carrying Tanny's contract at the time.  Levis just came one year too late for us to show noticeable turnaround.  

Nothing will keep me from cheering for the team but my level of optimism for the future just went from 7 out of 10 to about a 2.  

Edited by titanrick
  • Like 1

I gotta stay off twitter for a few hours it’s s*** show on there right now.

i don’t understand why everybody thinks we’re going to go on a downward spiral. Yea he was a good coach but he also made decisions that hurt the team. Bad coordinator and staff hires, never adapted or  attacked other teams weaknesses.

And it’s not like we’ve won anything besides one playoff game. The world isnt goin to end lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I gotta stay off twitter for a few hours it’s s*** show on there right now.

i don’t understand why everybody thinks we’re going to go on a downward spiral. Yea he was a good coach but he also made decisions that hurt the team. Bad coordinator and staff hires, never adapted or  attacked other teams weaknesses.

And it’s not like we’ve won anything besides one playoff game. The world isnt goin to end lol

vrabel has two playoff wins to his name and they both happened 4 years ago lol. i don't feel great about this situation and it's a huge risk/inflection point, but the reputation he has relative to his record is kind of wild.

• Like 2