Vrabel Gone

-Hope-

I feel I need to preface all my Vrabel posts with the fact I was a supporter of his and think he’s a really good coach.

He did however just get swept 0-4 to 2 rookies head coaches that aren’t exactly coaching world beaters.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I feel I need to preface all my Vrabel posts with the fact I was a supporter of his and think he’s a really good coach.

He did however just get swept 0-4 to 2 rookies head coaches that aren’t exactly coaching world beaters.

there are people lamenting that we're going to be a dumpster fire, and maybe we will be! maybe we'll hire a scrub and be in the basement. but there is shockingly little acknowledgement that we're already there. we have one of the worst records in football over the last two years and are staring a top 10 pick in the face. we're in the basement already, man! lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

In my head, I like to imagine Vrabel sitting If front of AAS and Ran yesterday and pitching his vision for bringing them back and making one last run with Tanny and Henry.

pretty sure midseason Vrabel said something about looking forward to Henry breaking Eddie's franchise record, which def wasn't happening this year. 

I was like...who's gonna tell him?

but at the same time....totally believable 

12 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

And our division is not great comparatively these last two years.

Edited by twotonebluenation

Yeah.  I do feel like it would have been better to give him another season, ideally.  Gives Ran another offseason to show if he's a guy to lead the team forward, gives Vrabel a chance to show he's not the problem, and gets us further in a rebuild to potentially be more attractive as a HC gig.

But if we get a good candidate, then it's fine.  I don't think this was the right move, but it definitely wasn't an incredibly stupid move.

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

there are people lamenting that we're going to be a dumpster fire, and maybe we will be! maybe we'll hire a scrub and be in the basement. but there is shockingly little acknowledgement that we're already there. we have one of the worst records in football over the last two years and are staring a top 10 pick in the face. we're in the basement already, man! lol

I see people say this is going to set the franchise back for years and I’m like “you sure?”. In an offseason where we have the most cap space we’ve had in years, you sure you wanted Vrabel to have say in how the roster looks for the foreseeable. The same man that (from the sounds of it) delayed the inevitable rebuild a year to try and complete with a bunch of on the decline veterans. 

I was never fully comfortable with the possibility of him having say in the roster makeup of this offseason.

48 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

no lie here

AAS is not good

Dunno about that take.

She is establishing a standard of accountability and acknowledgement that you need to move past a Henry run-style offense. 
I like it. 

Each time she has made a move, it was proven to be for the better. 
Robinson was better than Webster. Ran (TBD if better than Robinson but good start).
Murlarkey was better than Wiz (hard not to be). Vrabel was better than Murlarkey (kinda).

Where is the miss?

I can agree she should have acted sooner in some cases, but ultimately, she has made the right moves. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Dunno about that take.

She is establishing a standard of accountability and acknowledgement that you need to move past a Henry run-style offense. 
I like it. 

Each time she has made a move, it was proven to be for the better. 
Robinson was better than Webster. Ran (TBD if better than Robinson but good start).
Murlarkey was better than Wiz (hard not to be). Vrabel was better than Murlarkey (kinda).

Where is the miss?

I can agree she should have acted sooner in some cases, but ultimately, she has made the right moves. 

Forcing Mularkey on Robinson is probably her only "miss". But she seems to have learned from that, letting Robinson hire who he wanted in Vrabel, and apparently now letting Ran run this coaching search.

She loved Mularkey which is the reason she made Robinson keep him, she, from all reports, loved Vrabel but now isn't forcing Ran to keep him.

So definite growth in her lone "failure" to this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Titans Part Ways With Head Coach Mike Vrabel (tennesseetitans.com)

As the NFL continues to innovate and evolve, I believe the teams best positioned for sustained success will be those who empower an aligned and collaborative team across all football functions. Last year, we began a shift in our approach to football leadership and made several changes to our personnel to advance that plan. As I continued to assess the state of our team, I arrived at the conclusion that the team would also benefit from the fresh approach and perspective of a new coaching staff.

Gotta love a good buzz word statement. 

I am a little disappointed.   She should have thrown in a few more into the statement.   She missed; authentic, empowerment, confidence, voice, potential and diverse.  

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I do not like her answer to the question about control over the search for a HC and the roster. At all. That was a softball from Mike Keith to get her to endorse and commit to Ran and she wouldn’t do it.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I do not like her answer to the question about control over the search for a HC and the roster. At all. That was a softball from Mike Keith to get her to endorse and commit to Ran and she wouldn’t do it.

Yeah.

But I guess it depends on who you get. 

Why would you want someone to have more power than the GM? Who knows. 

But I think if you look at the Niners, Shanahan has final roster say doesn't he? I think he got that when he was hired? Fact check me. 
So if you get a true dynamic hire and they want final say over the 53, but work well with Ran, I guess that's a reason why not to make a declaration.