2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

So too much time to think and overthink. 

I don't know if I want a Shanahan tree offense. 

I don't want a coach so married to his scheme that we can only play one way. 

Don't want it too dependent on the running game. Too dependent on play action. Etc. 

Someone that just can design plays, know when to call said plays. That is the dream. 

Everything is just a crap shoot ain’t it. Draft, coaching selection, injury luck. We just gotta catch a hot streak as franchise. Heres to hoping. I don't envy the people who run these franchises. Delicate game to play. Imagine being a 9ers fan. Hell in a perfect world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

So too much time to think and overthink. 

I don't know if I want a Shanahan tree offense. 

I don't want a coach so married to his scheme that we can only play one way. 

Don't want it too dependent on the running game. Too dependent on play action. Etc. 

Someone that just can design plays, know when to call said plays. That is the dream. 

Whaaaat 🤔 that offense has won more SB’s than any other offense. The league pretty much is the shannahan tree & the Andy Reid tree on offense. It’s mostly about play caller

Look, I know I keep talking about and hyping up Macdonald but the above tweet is one of the reasons why. 

In a division where we will have to play the likes of Stroud, Lawrence and Anthony Richardson for the foreseeable future, having a coach who knows how to gameplan to stop those guys is huge. It may not equal an offensive guy who’ll get the most out of Levis but it’s huge value nonetheless,

8 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Look, I know I keep talking about and hyping up Macdonald but the above tweet is one of the reasons why. 

In a division where we will have to play the likes of Stroud, Lawrence and Anthony Richardson for the foreseeable future, having a coach who knows how to gameplan to stop those guys is huge. It may not equal an offensive guy who’ll get the most out of Levis but it’s huge value nonetheless,

Deep down I'm feeling like an DC guy might be more open offensively. 

Maybe they will see their shortcoming on offense and work even harder to get an offensive guy right. 

Bit that is my biggest question. Who would MacDonald bring as an OC. 

Glenn and others I have a slight idea who they could bring. But MacDonald I have no idea. 

I’m all for Callahan. He’s #2 on my list with MacDonald 1 and Slowik 3. Johnson doesn’t want us apparently so f him. Want absolutely nothing to do with Shaw, Quinn, Glenn, Brian Johnson, or Thomas Brown. Pierce would’ve been 3 on my list if he was still available.

14 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m all for Callahan. He’s #2 on my list with MacDonald 1 and Slowik 3. Johnson doesn’t want us apparently so f him. Want absolutely nothing to do with Shaw, Quinn, Glenn, Brian Johnson, or Thomas Brown. Pierce would’ve been 3 on my list if he was still available.

Does Johnson not want to come here, or were we the last to try to set up an interview and he ran out of time before their game this week? Could mean something, could be people making a story out of nothing...

17 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I would be ecstatic happy with any of those 3.

I'd prefer offense, but I am confident Macdonald could get a good offensive mind to come with him. He has seen first hand how important it is for a QB's success.