2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Was just about to post this. 

It scares me that so many fans will be ok with Callahan. Lol 

He just seems to have the perfect mix of everything fans are looking for. Has the offensive background that Macdonald and Glenn don’t. Has the experience that Slowik is lacking. Has the background with QBs that Thomas Brown doesn’t. 

Add to the fact he could put together a really good coaching staff (including potentially his dad), is loved and appreciated by his players, and has shown a willingness to adjust to the strength of his QB/players. He may not have the household “sexiness” to his name like Ben Johnson or Slowik, but I really think he’s the ideal guy for us.

Now to comeback to this post in a few years, expecting this to age poorly lol.

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Was just about to post this. 

It scares me that so many fans will be ok with Callahan. Lol 

& this what I want out of my HC the ability to adapt not stuck in 1 way to win, & being stubborn. I hope he’s the guy I really do, past coach I wanted this bad was Kyle shanahan. 

35 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

He just seems to have the perfect mix of everything fans are looking for. Has the offensive background that Macdonald and Glenn don’t. Has the experience that Slowik is lacking. Has the background with QBs that Thomas Brown doesn’t. 

Add to the fact he could put together a really good coaching staff (including potentially his dad), is loved and appreciated by his players, and has shown a willingness to adjust to the strength of his QB/players. He may not have the household “sexiness” to his name like Ben Johnson or Slowik, but I really think he’s the ideal guy for us.

Now to comeback to this post in a few years, expecting this to age poorly lol.

Or we come back to it after he smoothly brings us to a Super Bowl and coaches Levis to an MVP. 🫡

• Like 1

i will be happy with callahan, macdonald, or slowik.

i will be disappointed but in wait-and-see mode with glenn.

i will have serious concerns with brown or kafka.

i will be in "probably time to stop paying attention to the titans for awhile" mode if it's quinn, johnson, or shaw lol.

• Like 2

I think Glenn has potential to be a great HC, I see it. Like I said, I wouldn't be thrilled to hire him, but I see it.

I just think that, right here and right now, Callahan is the better fit for this franchise. Not that Glenn couldn't/wouldn't, I just think Callahan points more to modernizing this team than any other realistic candidate. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think Glenn has potential to be a great HC, I see it. Like I said, I wouldn't be thrilled to hire him, but I see it.

I just think that, right here and right now, Callahan is the better fit for this franchise. Not that Glenn couldn't/wouldn't, I just think Callahan points more to modernizing this team than any other realistic candidate. 

I think Callahan can bring everything Glenn could, albeit with a different style but ultimately accomplish the same thing. But the added piece of his offensive expertise is the tiebreaker. 

I think Glenn is a legit candidate. 

Not that it means anything but Herm Edwards predicted on some radio show that Aaron Glenn would get the job. 

Edited by KingTitan

5 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i will be happy with callahan, macdonald, or slowik.

i will be disappointed but in wait-and-see mode with glenn.

i will have serious concerns with brown or kafka.

i will be in "probably time to stop paying attention to the titans for awhile" mode if it's quinn, johnson, or shaw lol.

I agree with 100 percent of this, but when you say Johnson, do you mean Ben Johnson? I have seen the supposed rumors and whatnot, but he seems like a good candidate.

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I agree with 100 percent of this, but when you say Johnson, do you mean Ben Johnson? I have seen the supposed rumors and whatnot, but he seems like a good candidate.

haha no, brian johnson, eagles OC. i'm just assuming ben johnson ain't coming here. he'd obviously be in the happy tier, no doubt.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Assuming he is talking about Brian Johnson. OC from the Eagles. 

4 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Hiring Callahan tomorrow confirmed then lol

No rumored other in person interviews. 

Glenn. Johnson. MacDonald still playing. 

Slowik no rumored in person interview. 

Good signs for Callahan. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My understanding now is that we are free to hire anyone. 

Came in here to post this...believe we are indeed now free to hire anyone like you said

I want to lock in Callahan tomorrow. Don't let him leave the building.

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

No rumored other in person interviews. 

Glenn. Johnson. MacDonald still playing. 

Slowik no rumored in person interview. 

Good signs for Callahan. 

Can’t be a coincidence tho lol.. one in person interview with Shaw and no others rumored.. Seems like Callahans to lose