Carmichael Mock

Rogerthat

Head Coach – Pete Carmichael Jr ~ He fits Pace’s vision of what he is trying to make the bears, has a working relationship with the GM already and is more than qualified.  

Release/Not re-signed

QB Mike Glennon

TE Dion Simms

WR Markus Wheaton

LB Jerrel Freeman

RG Josh Siton – cap casualty

LB Willie Young

OT Bradley Sowell

OT Tom Compton

OLB Pernell McPhee – old and busted

CB Prince Amukamara – no turn overs the bears owe themselves at least a look at other options

Resign

CB Kyle Fuller – 4yrs 40 million 20 guaranteed – sign him he is a 25 year old player playing at a pro bowl level don’t alienate him like Jeffery

LB Christian Jones

DE Mitch Unrien

P Pat O’Donnell

QB Mark Sanchez

WR Dontelle Inman

WR Cam Meridith

WR Kendell Wright

LS Patrick Scales

TE Daniel Brown

CB Sherrick McManis

OLB Sam Acho - cheap guy knows the system and can play special teams

OLB Lamar Houston – cheap guy decent depth

HB Benny Cunningham

Free Agents

WR - Donte Moncrief – Looking at the Saints WR they have big guys.  Moncreif is a nice blend of size and speed.

Moncrief--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

WR – Taylor Gabriel – rounds out the WR corps and give the bears someone to take the top off a defense.   

taylor%20gabriel.jpg

TE Trey Burton – replaces miller

ap-trey-burton-eagles.jpg

C – Spencer Long – move Whitehair to guard and bring in a center. 

spencer-long-center-browns-660-350.jpg

OLB Trent Murphy – I really like Murphy.  Young guy who has established himself a good player.  Replaces McPhee

USATSI_9776539.jpg

MLB Anthony Hitchens – replaces freeman

gettyimages-612073900.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

DT – Quinton Dial – more depth and beef on the dline

455880644.0.jpg

CB – Johnathan Joseph – one year 7 million deal that prince got last year

6667736.jpg

Draft

1 Browns- QB Josh Rosen

2 Giants – QB Sam Darnold

3 Colts – DE Bradley Chubb

4 49ers – WR Courtland Sutton

5 Broncos – HB Barkley – assuming they get cousins or eli in FA

6 Browns – Arden Key – Garrett and Key would make a great duo

7 Bears -  CB/S – Minkah Fitzpatrick –I don’t think he is Jaylan Ramsey where he can play full time CB in the NFL but he can cover the slot WR and TEs, can play single high S, and is effective in the box.  Other Options OL (Williams, McGlichey, Nelson) Farrell but he doesn’t fit the scheme.  Do you change the scheme? WR ? 

0405dfa63fbd5b4aab7fabd12310409d

2nd round

Trade – Pace’s annual trade down in the second round.  Bill trade second (49) and third (93) for the bears (38)

RT – Jamarco Jones – Replaces Bobby Massie and you recoup the 3rd rounder from last year.

74-Jamarco-Jones-by-Jeremy-Birmingham-1_

3rd Round

WR- Deon Cain – Another WR fills out the WR corps and he’ll be there when Kevin White goes on IR for the final time with the bears

deon-cain.jpg

4th

CB – Anonis Alexander – Depth and a guy who can push cooper to be a training camp cut

adonis-alexander.jpg

OLB – Marquis Haynes – depth and development

Haynes.jpg

5th

C Austin Golson – replaces Grasu

DSC_0004-1_dazaaw.jpg

6th

K Eddy Pineiro

gettyimages-622860568.jpg?w=640&h=360

QB – Trubisky, Sanchez

HB -  Howard, Cohen, Cunningham

WR – Moncrief, Meridith, Gabriel, Inman, Wright, Cain, White (IR)

TE Shaheen, Burton, Brown

LT – Leno

LG long, kush

C Long, Golson

RG Whitehair, Morgan

RT Jones, Massie

RE – Unrein, Bullard

DT – Goldman, Dial

LE – Hicks, Robertson-Harris

OLB – Floyd, Haynes

MLB – Trevathan, Hitchens, Kwaitkowski, Jones

OLB – Murphy, Houston, Acho

CB – Fuller, Joseph, Alexander, Cooper, LeBlanc, McManis

FS- Jackson, Hall

SS- Fitzpatrick, Amos

K -Piniero

P- O’Donnell

3 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Last few mocks have had my FA guess of Hitchens in them, at least they don't have my other guesses.

its a good pick up for the bears.  Hitchens or Minter I would like to see but I really doubt the bears go after a MLB in FA period.  They probably are happy with Jones and Kwaitkowski

Just now, Rogerthat said:

its a good pick up for the bears.  Hitchens or Minter I would like to see but I really doubt the bears go after a MLB in FA period.  They probably are happy with Jones and Kwaitkowski

I see Jones and Kwiatkoski as just guys and solid depth, the Bears need some one besides Trevathan that can call plays and not have a drop of in the defense like we saw when Trevathan was injured.

In my current mock I have them letting Jones and Freeman go and signing Hitchens.

7 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I see Jones and Kwiatkoski as just guys and solid depth, the Bears need some one besides Trevathan that can call plays and not have a drop of in the defense like we saw when Trevathan was injured.

In my current mock I have them letting Jones and Freeman go and signing Hitchens.

I agree 100% with your assessment of the bears MLB play when Trevathan goes down.  anyone other MLB you consider besides hitchens?

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

I agree 100% with your assessment of the bears MLB play when Trevathan goes down.  anyone other MLB you consider besides hitchens?

I like Minter also and depending on draft position Roquan Smith I like a lot. 

11 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I agree that Minkah isn’t Ramsey, but he could be Earl Thomas. I think he’s gonna be a superstar. 

The first thing I noticed about him is how fast he is. The dude could be the next Troy Polomalu if a talented DC can use him to the best of his ability. 

I have the same thoughts on Minkah as I do on Nelson; they're really good players, at a 2nd tier Bears need position.  I think either belong where we'll likely be picking.

Glad my job is not on the line deciding between these guys and a 1st tier need in rd 1!

I would be thrilled with Chubb, V happy with Nelson, Minkah, Key McGlinchley, cool with R smith, disappointed with D James or Ridley  If some weird thing happens and we draft S Barkley, it will take me a season to sort out feelings. 

Actually a big fan of the draft, I think Cain and Adonis both go up due to their combine performances though. 

I'm still on the fence with Carmichael. Is he a genius who owns the locker room or does he let the alpha personalities of Payton and Brees own the offense, and he is just the architect of the offense? 

22 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I have the same thoughts on Minkah as I do on Nelson; they're really good players, at a 2nd tier Bears need position.  I think either belong where we'll likely be picking.

Glad my job is not on the line deciding between these guys and a 1st tier need in rd 1!

I would be thrilled with Chubb, V happy with Nelson, Minkah, Key McGlinchley, cool with R smith, disappointed with D James or Ridley  If some weird thing happens and we draft S Barkley, it will take me a season to sort out feelings. 

Bears are going to be in a hard luck position on draft day where Chubb and Key could both be gone and you be stuck making a choice between good players at 2nd tier needs  

17 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Actually a big fan of the draft, I think Cain and Adonis both go up due to their combine performances though. 

I'm still on the fence with Carmichael. Is he a genius who owns the locker room or does he let the alpha personalities of Payton and Brees own the offense, and he is just the architect of the offense? 

I think it's the latter. 

Archived